Barrack question

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Barrack question

Post by Zuikaku »

I have a question regarding capturing enemy barracks. When you capture barracks, do you also capture units that are stored/on repair on that location? And do you lose units when the enemy takes your barracks?
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Barrack question

Post by Balthagor »

There is a limit to how many units can deploy from a barracks. If the hex is over-full the units have to wait to deploy. If the barracks goes offline or is taken before those units can deploy then they get scrapped. You only capture units if the region surrenders to you or if the individual units surrender to you.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:There is a limit to how many units can deploy from a barracks. If the hex is over-full the units have to wait to deploy. If the barracks goes offline or is taken before those units can deploy then they get scrapped. You only capture units if the region surrenders to you or if the individual units surrender to you.
So, capturing units in barracks is impossible in battle - only after regions surrender?

I don't understand mechanism of capturing units in battle. Do they surrender if retreat path is cut when they want to retreat?

Can aircrafts be captured on airfields?

Thanks for any clarification.
Please teach AI everything!
Atraphoenix
Lieutenant

Post by Atraphoenix »

There is starting option when starting a new campaign if you click it if enemy region surrender their remaining units (I do not Know the exact percentage) may be yours but mostly in a damaged situation.
I experienced enemy aircrafts surrender to me but I've never seen land units yet maybe AI sent them all against me.
Some players on forum stated that they saw chinese individual units surrendering to them when MAR of China is low.

P.S. After last updates no idea on the new situation.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Atraphoenix wrote:There is starting option when starting a new campaign if you click it if enemy region surrender their remaining units (I do not Know the exact percentage) may be yours but mostly in a damaged situation.
I experienced enemy aircrafts surrender to me but I've never seen land units yet maybe AI sent them all against me.
Some players on forum stated that they saw chinese individual units surrendering to them when MAR of China is low.

P.S. After last updates no idea on the new situation.
MAR is the single biggest factor in individual units surrendering. The Lobby option simply transfers all remaining troops of a nation to you when they fall.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Balthagor wrote: Oct 17 2014 There is a limit to how many units can deploy from a barracks. If the hex is over-full the units have to wait to deploy. If the barracks goes offline or is taken before those units can deploy then they get scrapped. You only capture units if the region surrenders to you or if the individual units surrender to you.
Unit will be "scrapped" before the barrack is fully scrapped. Only 10 deploy, the rest of units will be gone. Especially when you just took over a region, select your units to reserve and then focus on facilities often i lost hundreds of units because i pressed scrap without thinking.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”