What are you doing in SR:U Right Now?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

What are you doing in SR:U Right Now?

Post by Xbwalker »

Just wondering, what is everyone up to in game? Any funny stories? How about incredible feats?

Currently, I am playing as Siam. It is 1943 and Germany has pushed the USSR back to the Urals, China has conquered most of Japan (this seems to happen almost every game I play), the world is horrendously short of military supplies and thus all wars are at a stand still more or less, and I am making a fortune on rubber.

As for me, starting at the onset of the game, I immediately traded for mobile engineers and commandos. Most of my ground forces are a mix of commandos, some engineers, and significant numbers of artillery with 41km range. With these forces, I was able to take Italian Somaliland, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Indochina, Palau, Micronesia, and some Japanese islands. I am now sitting at a healthy 125 million citizens and have full social funding. Sadly, the slowness of deflating an overinflated economy means my taxes are upward of 80%.

I'm slowly getting my power situation under control by building hydro dams in my territory.

I do have a question however. Is it worth it to have ANY industry outside of areas loyal to you? Isn't there some kind of major penalty for captured territory?
ZEvans96
Major
Human: Yes

Re: What are you doing in SR:U Right Now?

Post by ZEvans96 »

I am working on making USA a power house in the world. I just got done with a 2 year war against china in which I took Japan and Korea from them and made peace. Now I have liberated Japan and Korea and made them allies so I control asia. I have also been pumping money and units in to UK with no affect. Preparing an invasion of France to liberate them. So, so far nothing much lol
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Xbwalker wrote: I do have a question however. Is it worth it to have ANY industry outside of areas loyal to you? Isn't there some kind of major penalty for captured territory?
Anyone know the answer to this?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'll answer your question in a thread about Loyalty to not go off topic here.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Atraphoenix
Lieutenant

Post by Atraphoenix »

I am waiting for today's final steam release for a new campaign :lol:
I think I have enough exp on my saves to overcome my common mistakes (like building rush) now I build less but fast with my enginneers that reduces building times nearly half on normal -loyal - hexes.
TreXeh
Sergeant

Post by TreXeh »

Current Version on Sandbox...Insane game been really fun!

First Italy went crAzy and declered war on pretty much everyone. promoptly got invaded by france i sat back and watched with glee :D

Then USSR went to war with Poland/Finland etc promptly go invaded by Poland hmmmm

Now Japans gone bat crazy but least the Japs are putting up and fight (in '43 at mo and Japan hasnt been conqured by China yet) good to see thats been fixed

Its getting better with every release !
kkania
Lieutenant

Post by kkania »

I am continuing my SU 1936 game from beta. I'm pleasantly surprised the save is still working!

I took Finland right off the bat in 36, then got an event and received Latvia and Lithuania (but not Estonia) as colonies, then joined Germany against Poland in '39.

Maintaining a structured front with an army as large as SU is a challenge, and also the battle line starts at the baltic coast and goas all the way to Bucharest.

What is interesting in this game is that Germany pulled off a Sea Lion and took the british isles, but totally overextended. 6 months in, and the UK government is re-established and running a partizan war in major UK cities, and Germany is unable to maintain any sensible defence against me. I'm guessing they are out of military supplies.
UnionOfWar
Sergeant

Post by UnionOfWar »

I was defending Eastern Russia from a South Korean invasion, they captured my port and air force base down there. I had about 53,000 personnel traveling from Moscow, but supplies are spreading thin. I'm in debt, and in the negative. Well, I was having fun and enjoying myself until. . . Game Crashed. Hahaha! 8.14.24 update broke my game with all the crashes and same with 9.0.2 with lags that has not been there before.

Unfortunately, It ruins the experience for me when I play. I bought Space Engineers which I'll be playing until these kinks are worked out. . . :-?
TreXeh
Sergeant

Post by TreXeh »

UnionOfWar wrote:I was defending Eastern Russia from a South Korean invasion, they captured my port and air force base down there. I had about 53,000 personnel traveling from Moscow, but supplies are spreading thin. I'm in debt, and in the negative. Well, I was having fun and enjoying myself until. . . Game Crashed. Hahaha! 8.14.24 update broke my game with all the crashes and same with 9.0.2 with lags that has not been there before.

Unfortunately, It ruins the experience for me when I play. I bought Space Engineers which I'll be playing until these kinks are worked out. . . :-?

thought i was the only one having problems... good to know i'm not!
UnionOfWar
Sergeant

Post by UnionOfWar »

thought i was the only one having problems... good to know i'm not!
Fear not, my friend! I just got home and heard they fixed the crashes! <3
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Yeah the update broke my savegame too but that's ok. I'm rockin the world with Brazil allied to Germany/Italy.
Felius
Warrant Officer

Post by Felius »

Trying to have good economic growth, increase my treasury, advance my tech and control inflation, all at the same time in my Brazilian 1936 start. :p
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Playing sandbox 2020 as the USA. Currently i have almost 400 units surrounding Central America. Planning 7 naval invasions and a land invasion of Mexico to go down at the exact same time... made a drunken bet that the US could take Mexico and all of Central America within a week |O
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

Working on a cold war 'rise of the ROK' right now (including an AAR). Maximized garrisons and built paras and bought some arty to hold against DRPK, then my allies sent trade deals for some units and i added to that with some SUT to cap the north with no intervention from either superpower. Then i deployed troops to Vietnam to save a Saigon and the Cambodian capitol. Fought a year there to get the NVA, china, and soviets back across the DMZ. China had 66% CB and 0 relations with me, Russia has 65%CB with no relations too, and over half my combat power is in Vietnam right now, so things may get interesting soon.

Domestically, i've eliminated the income tax, started more research, nearly got my power grid fully producing, and most days i turn a profit when trade is accounted for despite my construction and military deployments.

Now im trying to modernize the army, af, and navy and I'm looking for good suggestions. Time is 1952, and im behind on tech, so if i have to buy units from other nations (or designs) that could work, or i could maybe unlock something soon, IDK. What should i be buying/researching for APCs, AT, Airfoce, and Navy?
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

How did you eliminate tax?

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”