New Feature - Return Land / Liberate

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MK4
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: New Feature - Return Land / Liberate

Post by MK4 »

If I understand correctly there`s no way to choose how much you return. It`s all the territory loyal to that nation that you posses or none of it, right? Anyway, huge step into the right direction. Thanks for implementing this!

EDIT: what happens if you take Kurdish territory from Turkey for example. As far as I know, in game, that is not loyal to Turkey. Will you be able to give it back?
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

MK4 wrote:If I understand correctly there`s no way to choose how much you return. It`s all the territory loyal to that nation that you posses or none of it, right? Anyway, huge step into the right direction. Thanks for implementing this!

EDIT: what happens if you take Kurdish territory from Turkey for example. As far as I know, in game, that is not loyal to Turkey. Will you be able to give it back?
My understanding is that you're correct. It's all of the territory loyal to whatever nation you're returning it to, so you can't choose. As to returning Kurdish territory to Turkey, I don't believe it would be possible to return it. You could only return actual Turkish loyal hexes that you've taken back to them. The best you could do is return it to a Kurdish state, or release such a Kurdish state yourself. At least you should be able to. That's what I'm trying to find out how to do.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Double click their flag in the score card or the land tab where you see their loyalty, that will make them the selected region for diplomatic actions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Balthagor wrote:Double click their flag in the score card or the land tab where you see their loyalty, that will make them the selected region for diplomatic actions.
That worked perfectly. Knew I had to be missing something. Thank you very much. :D
Sawedoff
Captain

Post by Sawedoff »

Best new feature! Haven't played Ultimate much, but this makes me want to play it now. *Starts SRU*

8)
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

This is a great addition, am as so thrilled to how receptive that BG is to consumer feedback. I am happy to give you money (only the cornered rat software people and Mr. Sid Meyer make that short list with me in the gaming world, I cringe every time i have to fork it over to EA).

The only concern that i have for the feature as it is described is the "all-or-nothing" aspect, and to the same vein, the "loyalty" tie. If I understand correctly and I take over Iraq and want to liberate it later (or i took it over after someone else annexed it) the Kurdish territory would be stuck in my hands, because it is not loyal to Iraq. It would be more beneficial if I could select the hexes I wished to give up. If that ever becomes a possibility, it would allow for more than just liberating as well, but the trading of land so i could get rid of islands of mine/other's territory in the middle of a country. My last UK ww2 map got interesting, with NED, France, and myself carving up a picture that resembled the Caribbean islands out of what used to be parts of france, lux and germany.

I know its a lot to ask, and borders on nit picking at this point, but still i felt compelled to mention it. I love where the recent changes have been going though, with this and SUT and all. Reading up on all these updates, the coupon for sr1936 buyers, and your Facebook response to the Shattered USA caused me to break down and cheat on the budget this month. I can't wait to get in there and try it out; I'm thinking cold war south korea for my first scenario.

keep up the great work yall!
Felius
Warrant Officer

Post by Felius »

Seems units reserved in barracks in the lands returned stay in said barracks, but remain loyal to the returning country.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Felius wrote:Seems units reserved in barracks in the lands returned stay in said barracks, but remain loyal to the returning country.
Confirmed, we'll look into in.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Felius
Warrant Officer

Post by Felius »

Speaking of returning land: Colonies: Sometimes the player do not want to keep the military installations around their colonies' lands. Nonetheless, because of the different severe actions window, it's nonetheless impossible to return said lands even if you scrap the military installations in question.
Mariohana
Sergeant

Post by Mariohana »

I basically cheated Iran by attacking him from the lands of former Iraq and Kurdistan as i gave both back their lands turing the attack witch gave me actually great advange because Iran can't come to their lands without declaring war on them and losing gredit in NATO's eyes.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We know this feature adds opportunities for exploits, but it was requested by the community.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

If someone intentionally exploits the game, why complaining about it later? :D
Please teach AI everything!
Bragi
Corporal

Post by Bragi »

Hi all

I am completely new to your franchise and I am totally overwhelmed by Supreme Ruler Ultimate, in a positive way :) It's relly awsome, good work!

More options for land transfer is definetely one of my big wishes for this game. (In fact, there are only two: this and better unit grouping/Management).

I would favour solutions like selling tiles, as it seems to be a) technically possible, since the tiles have ist own ID I assume and b) addition to the game as it would increase your possible strategies a lot.

Can anybody tell me why the current options are not available in multiplayer?
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Balthagor wrote:We know this feature adds opportunities for exploits, but it was requested by the community.
I think it's a good decision you made by disallowing this to happen in multiplayer. If players in multiplayer feel they should absolutely release a country/land, they can always run the game in singleplayer, release the land, save game and re-run it in multiplayer again. I just wish the UI would be easier to switch between SP and MP without having to manually throw around save game files.
Bragi
Corporal

Post by Bragi »

Kristijonas wrote: I think it's a good decision you made by disallowing this to happen in multiplayer.
If it is technically necessary, then of course it is a good decision. But I can't really see your point in prefering the save&reload-method instead of having it implemented.. ?

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”