Why should I buy SR Ultimate?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

BIPU
Corporal
Human: Yes

Why should I buy SR Ultimate?

Post by BIPU »

Hi everybody,

I have been playing the saga since the SR2010 days and I have to tell that it is one of my favourites. Now, I'm thinking in adding SR Ultimate to my collection and I would like to know what are the real engine differences between SR1936 and SR Ultimate. What I have read about scenaries or so can be done modding SR1936.

I suppose there are more differences and I would like to know your experience. Thanks.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Why should I buy SR Ultimate?

Post by Balthagor »

There are actually little to no differences in the engine from SR1936 to SR Ultimate. Engine changes for SR Ultimate are expected to be pushed back to SR 1936 unless they only relate to the content in SR Ultimate.

Content is the key difference and this is the reason for the lower initial price point and discount for SR1936 users. This brings all the content from the older titles into the new engine and gives us the opportunity to add some new features to both. If you own SR1936, Ultimate becomes more like an expansion pack.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

I own all four, so Ultimate would be like an update for me :D
Nitrous Oxide
Lieutenant

Post by Nitrous Oxide »

I've got all the games since 2020, and Ultimate is like having them all under one install with the latest version of the engine (which is still being worked on). It's mostly just the convenience of not having to mod 1936 to have all the past content, and that the past content has also been polished and updated by BG themselves to work with the new engine properly. They've also added a couple new countries like Maldives, and SW has changed (India isn't OP anymore since it's broken into states like the other big powers!). It's basically a refined/polished version of all the prior games (excluding 2010) in one.
diman
Sergeant

Post by diman »

The supreme ruler games are awesome. Buy it and play it as long a new one is released [_]B . Cause the support stops when a new game released. For example we still waiting the updated ruges mod to the supreme ruler 2020 non steam purchased [_]O .On the other hand you can wait till the price drops and purchase it then. Anyway the games are awesome even if we complain :D
buddy1
Corporal

Post by buddy1 »

DONT CAUSE YOU CANT PLAY AS ISIS!!!!!!
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

There are things that are added since Cold War and 2020. And I think performance is better for long term games. I was playing Cold War and 1957 I was still getting good speeds (which before I did not get). I would say get it.
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Screw ISIS in my opinion, i wouldnt give them the recognition to be put into a video game, they will be wiped off the face of the earth soon enough. sorry just saying.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”