Discount for 1936 owners?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

51st Georgia
Corporal
Human: Yes

Discount for 1936 owners?

Post by 51st Georgia »

Hello all: I have two easy questions:
Will the discount for SR 1936 owners on Sr: Ultimate be only on the finished game? Not the Early Access?

and if I really only play Cold War scenarios, why should I upgrade?

Sorry if this is been answered. I looked as best I could. THANKS FOR A GREAT GAME(s)
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Discount for 1936 owners?

Post by Kristijonas »

Heya, the discount is already applicable. I bought 1936 just for Ultimate's discount. If you have SR1936 on steam, you can see that there is a 33% discount for Ultimate on steam.
Ultimate provides a good performance improvement, among many other small fixes. Are you really not interested in 1936 or modern scenarios?

Could you explain your nickname? Interested :)
51st Georgia
Corporal

Post by 51st Georgia »

Kristijonas wrote:Heya, the discount is already applicable. I bought 1936 just for Ultimate's discount. If you have SR1936 on steam, you can see that there is a 33% discount for Ultimate on steam.
Ultimate provides a good performance improvement, among many other small fixes. Are you really not interested in 1936 or modern scenarios?

Could you explain your nickname? Interested :)
Thanks, my Steam was still showing $29.99 but now is got that discount. I don't mind playing modern or World War II but LOVe Cold War.

51st Georgia is the regiment my great great grandfather fought in in the American Civil War. Army of Northern Virginia, Semmes brigade at Gettysburg.!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

51st Georgia wrote:...and if I really only play Cold War scenarios...
If the Cold War scenarios are what interest you that's a bit tougher, those scenarios are proving impossible to move over and difficult to recreate.

If you play the Cold War Sandbox or Campaign, then the engine improvements already made for SR1936 are one of the key reasons. Dead regions can respawn, weather effects added, much more robust scripted events. I think Cold War had ~ 800 lines of events, Cold War in Ultimate is over 1200 lines.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
51st Georgia
Corporal

Post by 51st Georgia »

Balthagor wrote:
51st Georgia wrote:...and if I really only play Cold War scenarios...
If the Cold War scenarios are what interest you that's a bit tougher, those scenarios are proving impossible to move over and difficult to recreate.

If you play the Cold War Sandbox or Campaign, then the engine improvements already made for SR1936 are one of the key reasons. Dead regions can respawn, weather effects added, much more robust scripted events. I think Cold War had ~ 800 lines of events, Cold War in Ultimate is over 1200 lines.
Bought it. Thanks!
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

I've yet to buy it. Saving money for that! :D But I've too much to complain at the moment to seriously play anyway.
51st Georgia
Corporal

Post by 51st Georgia »

So is there a reason to keep 1936 installed after Ultimate gets released?
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Actually there is no reason to have it installed even now, the version of 1936 scenario in SR:U is the same as in SR1936 (or perhaps even better patched, since SR:U is being updated every few days from what I've read on steam forums). I bought it only because I already have SR2010, SR2020 and SR:CW, so I wanted to have all the games and support the developers. And with the discount, I will not have spent that much more for both games than I would have spent on SR:U alone. Also, it looks like SR:U will be the first game I'll actually buy on steam :D I much rather prefer Gamersgate.
51st Georgia
Corporal

Post by 51st Georgia »

Balthagor, is this true? I can uninstall 1936 and just play 1936 directly through Ultimate if I wanted to?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

That is correct, SR Ultimate contains all the features and content from SR1936 plus as much content as we can restore from the previous projects.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

Figures. After many false starts and months of finally having a SR36 game go deep into 1943 with Germany on the cusp of forcing Russia to the peace table (and conquering the Caucasus), once again BG screws with my plans by dangling yet another shiny in front of my face :)

I bought it, but under protest! Damn you, purveyors of irresistible shinies and enablers of my addictions! :evil:

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”