No I have nothing to do with it.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

No I have nothing to do with it.

Post by Fistalis »

I've received a few inquires VIA PM into whether or not I am involved in Developing Supreme Ruler ultimate. No, I am not. I'm just a regular forum member like the rest of you BG has enough mouths to feed since canadian dollars just don't stretch as far as they used to. :wink:

That being said I'm sure BG will do their best to provide the game with the features/options/settings that THEY have planned out, many of which I was happy to provide as mods in the past. With their access to REAL coding methods i'm sure what they produce will be as good or better than what I have in the past. Also it doesn't hurt that they actually get paid to do it.. where as in recent months as most of you have seen I've had neither the motivation nor the energy to update my mods.

Will there be a modern world mod for SRU?
I don't know.. the truth is the engines limitations a long with some design decisions has made it frustrating and impossible for me to ever achieve my specific design goals for the modern world in the supreme ruler series. Not to mention depending on how they decide to redo the GC scenario there may be no need.

Rather than prepurchase this time I'll wait til after release to see what we got and if I want to invest my time/money into modding for the series again. Believe it or not with anything after 2020 i've spent far more time modding than actually playing. I've probably logged MAYBE 40-60 hours of actual play time in SR1936 and most were mod testing.. lol. Modding time spent is many times more than that. The modern world from inception to last version release probably consumed a total of over 2000 hours.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: No I have nothing to do with it.

Post by Kristijonas »

Fistalis wrote:some design decisions has made it frustrating and impossible for me to ever achieve my specific design goals for the modern world in the supreme ruler series.
What design choices have were frustrating to you?
Fistalis wrote:40-60 hours of actual play time in SR1936 and most were mod testing.. lol. Modding time spent is many times more than that. The modern world from inception to last version release probably consumed a total of over 2000 hours.

One question: Why ? :o
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Kristijonas wrote:
Fistalis wrote:some design decisions has made it frustrating and impossible for me to ever achieve my specific design goals for the modern world in the supreme ruler series.
What design choices have were frustrating to you?
Fistalis wrote:40-60 hours of actual play time in SR1936 and most were mod testing.. lol. Modding time spent is many times more than that. The modern world from inception to last version release probably consumed a total of over 2000 hours.

One question: Why ? :o
Why what? Why didn't I play more or why did i spend so much time modding? lol
I didn't play more because I was modding the game usually.. and As far as why the modern world took so much time from inception...
You have to realize that that mod started in teh SRCW beta.. i did numerous versions experimenting with things that at the time were bugs to get it to work.. (george eventually added support for this "feature" but it was considered a design flaw at the time) Meshes OOBs.. leaders etc.. and all of those had to be updated on a semi regular basis.. not to mention adding/removing factions as they rise and fell. (the whole libya thing happened early in development). Cache times to test changes.. with OOB is ~45 mins to an hour everytime i wanted to test a cache. Then porting it over to SR36.. redoing the event file to get it to work etc etc. There is more that goes into a mod as extensive as the modern world than people realize.

As to specific design decisions.. I'm not going to air out my issues here but the truth is they are a limited team with limited resources so its more about how much they can actually implement. I'm certain 99% of my gripes are on the wish list Somewhere.. lol
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Nitrous Oxide
Lieutenant

Post by Nitrous Oxide »

As someone who's spent a great deal of time playing your mod, if you want any help porting it to Ultimate, I can volunteer some of my time. :wink:

Heck, I'd even buy you a copy if it means my favorite mod is gonna be ported. :lol:
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Nitrous Oxide wrote:As someone who's spent a great deal of time playing your mod, if you want any help porting it to Ultimate, I can volunteer some of my time. :wink:

Heck, I'd even buy you a copy if it means my favorite mod is gonna be ported. :lol:
There is no need for "porting" from SR36 to SRU since it is in fact the same game...only difference being SR36 is only WWII scenarios/sandboxes and SRU has all of them. So you can keep using his SR36 mod...if he updates it, that is :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”