Coups

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ZEvans96
Major
Human: Yes

Coups

Post by ZEvans96 »

So I got Chinas military approval down to 0% and domestic to 4%. Will their government ever get overthrown?
Atraphoenix
Lieutenant

Re: Coups

Post by Atraphoenix »

ZEvans96 wrote:So I got Chinas military approval down to 0% and domestic to 4%. Will their government ever get overthrown?
I do not know how it is on Ultimate but on cold war I spent millions of dollars on supporting opposition with arming help but no gain. It is random or only in peacetime. All the coups I have met on ultimate happended on nations that are not at war.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

coups are not wprking. For now. hope the low DAR or MAR will spawn guerillas in the future.

Founding rebelions also do not work :cry:
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Currently they only happen as scripted events
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

Balthagor wrote:Currently they only happen as scripted events
Do you plan on changing this for SRU, before release for in future updates?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nothing has been announced at this time on this topic.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

I have always been wondering if these are scripted while playing SRCW, now I know.
But if they are scripted what is funding the opposition/insurgents for?

On that note what is a good DAR for if you cant loose by letting it go down too far?

This is a point that was handled better in the first Supreme Ruler Title as it had Reunification votes and loosing against another region meant "Game Over", IIRC.
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

Juergen wrote:I have always been wondering if these are scripted while playing SRCW, now I know.

On that note what is a good DAR for if you cant loose by letting it go down too far?

This is a point that was handled better in the first Supreme Ruler Title as it had Reunification votes and loosing against another region meant "Game Over", IIRC.
What I found with China is that if you get their military approval down and go to war with them, all the troops they send at you will desert and join your army.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

ZEvans96 wrote:What I found with China is that if you get their military approval down and go to war with them, all the troops they send at you will desert and join your army.
I've only heard stories about enemy surrendering, never seen it in my 5-6 years of playing SR series... :o
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Atraphoenix
Lieutenant

Post by Atraphoenix »

ZEvans96 wrote:
Juergen wrote:I have always been wondering if these are scripted while playing SRCW, now I know.

What I found with China is that if you get their military approval down and go to war with them, all the troops they send at you will desert and join your army.
I have played since 2020 but have not met this. Is it scripted? If not it would be a very nice addition to the game.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Atraphoenix wrote:I have played since 2020 but have not met this. Is it scripted? If not it would be a very nice addition to the game.
I've read SR2020 AAR's here on the forums mentioning surrender but I personally never encountered it while playing...
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

number47 wrote:
ZEvans96 wrote:What I found with China is that if you get their military approval down and go to war with them, all the troops they send at you will desert and join your army.
I've only heard stories about enemy surrendering, never seen it in my 5-6 years of playing SR series... :o
I've seen it quite a bit, especially during invasions of the United States.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Wow, never heard of this. So is this triggered by low military approval? Perhaps the 0% domestic approval in this case?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Kristijonas wrote:Wow, never heard of this. So is this triggered by low military approval? Perhaps the 0% domestic approval in this case?
0% DAR will result in country surrender (even long before it hits 0%) so my opinion is it must be a combination of high DAR and very low MAR ('cause that's the only situation that is extremely rare with my enemies in my games).
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Would it work if you did spying to get the DAR/MAR down and then took at city or two? That should make any country collapse quickly.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”