Can we please have a 1962 or 1968 start date? O

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

comradephipps
Corporal
Human: Yes

Can we please have a 1962 or 1968 start date? O

Post by comradephipps »

One of my biggest gripes about Supreme Ruler Cold War was that the decolonization system seemed a bit broken. West Africa would remain one french territory all the way through... and the eternal AI wars would go on and on slowing the game down once you got to the interesting 1960s. France AI would never leave Vietnam, China and India were locked in an eternal stuggle, Israel is always fighting too, etc etc etc.

So i propose this:

We have 2 start dates. One at 1949... while the other takes us past the tumultuous 1950s (sometime in the 1960s). Updating populations, relations, armies, navies, air forces, territories, loyalties, colonies/countries, and economies. Is this possible? I feel it would make the game way more viable and fun.

That or can we have more cold war scenarios... as SRCW alone was a bust of a game?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Can we please have a 1962 or 1968 start date? O

Post by Balthagor »

comradephipps wrote:...West Africa would remain one french territory all the way through...
This should now be fixed. We added more than 400 new lines of events to the Cold War sandbox.
comradephipps wrote:...Updating populations, relations, armies, navies, air forces, territories, loyalties, colonies/countries, and economies...
You'd also need relations. What your describing would take a couple of months of research to create for a map of 200+ regions. With official release less than a month away, that's not currently possible. As mentioned though, the events have been improved to make play progress a better experience and we'll keep working on that.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
comradephipps
Corporal

Post by comradephipps »

Balthagor wrote:
comradephipps wrote:...West Africa would remain one french territory all the way through...
This should now be fixed. We added more than 400 new lines of events to the Cold War sandbox.
comradephipps wrote:...Updating populations, relations, armies, navies, air forces, territories, loyalties, colonies/countries, and economies...
You'd also need relations. What your describing would take a couple of months of research to create for a map of 200+ regions. With official release less than a month away, that's not currently possible. As mentioned though, the events have been improved to make play progress a better experience and we'll keep working on that.
If you choose a year... i'm sure many ppl would be more than happy to assist you in the researching field for free. I know i would. This should/would help you out in making the effort cheaper and more feasible, all you would have to do is find a few volunteers and then delegate what they should investigate, then have them collate and report the necessary data back to you.
Nitrous Oxide
Lieutenant

Post by Nitrous Oxide »

comradephipps wrote:If you choose a year... i'm sure many ppl would be more than happy to assist you in the researching field for free. I know i would. This should/would help you out in making the effort cheaper and more feasible, all you would have to do is find a few volunteers and then delegate what they should investigate, then have them collate and report the necessary data back to you.
Could always make a mod. :wink:
comradephipps
Corporal

Post by comradephipps »

Nitrous Oxide wrote:
comradephipps wrote:If you choose a year... i'm sure many ppl would be more than happy to assist you in the researching field for free. I know i would. This should/would help you out in making the effort cheaper and more feasible, all you would have to do is find a few volunteers and then delegate what they should investigate, then have them collate and report the necessary data back to you.
Could always make a mod. :wink:
The issue with mods is the nearly always present lack of quality control...

Plus i (and many others) am not a modder.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”