My feedback.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: My feedback.

Post by Balthagor »

@Clavs

1 - no, the map is unplayable. SR1936 works fine. We are already investigating this issue, it's part of being early access.

2 - we will look into them not appearing.

3 - I can't comment, you didn't list the issues so I don't know which ones you mean. Note, one thread per topic is the best approach. If there are existing threads, please bump them instead of starting a new thread.

Q: Why are there units that are exclusively researcheable for a certain nation when it should also be in other ones, others A: for multiple nations and others in the wrong nations?
Which units? Again, without specifics I can't answer.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Clavs wrote:1- The game is slower than the previous ones (Playing SR Ultimate, Global Crisis). It's been only 4 in-game months and the speed is the same as 5 in-game years of SR2020. After a few releases this issue should be the TOP priority.
I think Chris mis-understood your comment here. If you're talking about the game speed (seconds per day in-game), SR Ultimate should be notably faster than SR2020. If you have a specific save game that is giving you game slowdowns we'd like to see it and test it out.

-- George / BattleGoat.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Playing the SR-U 36 scenario, it seems like the game is running faster than SR36. I have only played a bit with the SW scenario; I was waiting until BG gets the balance (red vs. blue, especially in North America) fixed.

Overall, it seems a lot faster than SR2020, which could really, really bog down at times.
Nitrous Oxide
Lieutenant

Post by Nitrous Oxide »

Aragos wrote:Overall, it seems a lot faster than SR2020, which could really, really bog down at times.
2020 would straight up crash for me if I had too many troops moving at once... It's nice to see the engine having come such a long way.

It is worth noting that I get faster speeds at certain zoom levels (there seems to be some kind of sweet spot between too close/too many models on the screen). Zooming out all the way puts me in slideshow mode... (~10 FPS)
Clavs
Sergeant

Post by Clavs »

Balthagor wrote:@Clavs

Q: Why are there units that are exclusively researcheable for a certain nation when it should also be in other ones, others A: for multiple nations and others in the wrong nations?
Which units? Again, without specifics I can't answer.

I'll make it simpler.

1- Why are there units that are exclusive to 1 nation and can never be researched to other nations?

2- Why are there units that are researcheable to multiple nations, but not all nations?

3- Why are there units researchable in the wrong nations, or sometimes they're already researched on some nation but not on the original nation? (No need to answer this one, I was already told these were mistakes, I'll make a thread or I'll post later the specific ones if I get time to do it, there's too many of them)

Balthagor wrote:@Clavs
3 - I can't comment, you didn't list the issues so I don't know which ones you mean. Note, one thread per topic is the best approach. If there are existing threads, please bump them instead of starting a new thread.
A major one... if merchant ships won't be disabled, then at least fix the way Ai uses them to invade places... make it so they can ONLY LAND if they have a port hex captured and not the patch of water hex next to them. I've said in some other thread and on steam, having cargo ships and holiday cruisers with soldiers and landing them on defended ports wouldn't happen at all in reality. And I can place 1 ship on the route of the merchnt ships and he'll sink the whole enemy army that way... I win wars by using that 1 ship and then sending a couple of units to conquer towns with garrisons and a few units that were being fixed in the barracks, since they have nothing else to use.

George Geczy wrote:
I think Chris mis-understood your comment here. If you're talking about the game speed (seconds per day in-game), SR Ultimate should be notably faster than SR2020. If you have a specific save game that is giving you game slowdowns we'd like to see it and test it out.

-- George / BattleGoat.
That's exactly it... the game is slower than SR2020... as I said earlier I'm only 4 in-game months on, and the speed is the same as I got in SR2020 after 5 in-game years.
Where can I send the save?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Clavs wrote:1- Why are there units that are exclusive to 1 nation and can never be researched to other nations?
The decision was that something like the F-117 should only be available to the US. Only the Germans can build Tiger tanks. Only the French can build the LeClerc.
Clavs wrote:2- Why are there units that are researcheable to multiple nations, but not all nations?
There are a limited number of region codes and some nation's are similar from a design stand point. Region code S for example is all designs for Switzerland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Each of those regions can research units marked as from region S.
Clavs wrote:...merchant ships...
Naval improvements were made, including some changes to merchant marine. If you want more info about one of those topics, post in the existing thread(s)
Clavs wrote:...Where can I send the save?
Zip and email it to me

|
|
V
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Caliph
Sergeant

Post by Caliph »

Nitrous Oxide wrote:
Aragos wrote:Overall, it seems a lot faster than SR2020, which could really, really bog down at times.
2020 would straight up crash for me if I had too many troops moving at once... It's nice to see the engine having come such a long way.

It is worth noting that I get faster speeds at certain zoom levels (there seems to be some kind of sweet spot between too close/too many models on the screen). Zooming out all the way puts me in slideshow mode... (~10 FPS)
Yes, in my SR CW game I have noticed this as well. The more more units on screen moving around there is problems with performance. If I instead zoom in to where no units are moving the game speeds up a bit, but only up to a point.

I will purchase Ultimate tonight and give that a shot. I know its not complete yet but might as jump jump ship to the latest one. At the very least I can play 1936 while Ultimate gets improved.
Clavs
Sergeant

Post by Clavs »

Balthagor wrote:The decision was that something like the F-117 should only be available to the US. Only the Germans can build Tiger tanks. Only the French can build the LeClerc.
The question was "why" why is it done like that? A nation gets destroyed and such units will never be able to appear in game again, because no one else is able to research them. I had posted this in the forum and not sure if i did on Steam. Couldn't you make it so nations that have loyalty hexes of the destroyed nation to be able to research that destroyed nation's units?

Balthagor wrote:There are a limited number of region codes and some nation's are similar from a design stand point. Region code S for example is all designs for Switzerland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Each of those regions can research units marked as from region S.
That's a good, but there are units that don't make sense on some nations. Like a nation has a unit from the start of the game but cannot research it... but can research other units which are unrelated or the nation never even considered getting it.
Balthagor wrote:Naval improvements were made, including some changes to merchant marine. If you want more info about one of those topics, post in the existing thread(s)
Might as well say "It's too much to bother, no improvements will be made." Would have dropped the subject a long time ago.
Balthagor wrote:Zip and email it to me
I sent the save file.

Tip: I don't know what scripting language is used for this game, but I'm pretty sure it can be done in any anyway. Make the Ai have an acting thought every 0.2 seconds or every second instead of every frame, it will improve speed drastically.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Clavs wrote:...The question was "why" why is it done like that?...
The decision was made years ago, I don't remember what other choices were considered.

There have been suggestions about allowing other regions to "inherit" region codes through conquest. The idea is noted but there are higher priority issues currently. It remains an open suggestion.

I will test out the savegame.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I get ~ 20sec/day on this savegame. What are you getting?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nitrous Oxide
Lieutenant

Post by Nitrous Oxide »

Balthagor wrote:There have been suggestions about allowing other regions to "inherit" region codes through conquest. The idea is noted but there are higher priority issues currently. It remains an open suggestion.
This is a pretty cool idea, actually. There should be a time offset where for a period, the dead nation will still spawn partisans (and ultimately have a chance to revive if things work out that way). After that, no more loyalty penalties. Win-win all around!

Of course this is all just hypothetical. :P
Clavs
Sergeant

Post by Clavs »

Balthagor wrote:I get ~ 20sec/day on this savegame. What are you getting?
Yup around that time...
Minimum time : 18 seconds
Maximum time: 27 seconds

Slower than the 3 previous games in the 1st few in-game months.
Clavs
Sergeant

Post by Clavs »

Just to make you guys aware, there is a problem when we access research lists (even when trading with other nations) or units lists (when we want to fabricate them or trade with someone) the game freezes every few seconds, sometimes to a whole 10 seconds or more. Like as if something on it is taking all the memory. At 1st I thought this might have been a problem with my laptop. I tried it on my computer, still does the same.
tommo8993
Captain

Post by tommo8993 »

20 second days is about what I get, granted hearts of iron your looking at about 15 seconds I dont think its that much of an issue.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Clavs wrote:...there is a problem when we access research lists (even when trading with other nations) or units lists (when we want to fabricate them or trade with someone) the game freezes every few seconds,...
Actually it's more a video lag, but yes we are aware of it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”