GC and SW Old techs still researchable

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

GC and SW Old techs still researchable

Post by SGTscuba »

I booted up these 2 scenarios and saw that they each had a lot of older units that should have been researched, still available for research. There is too many for me to list but I'll give the Hawker Hart (UK) as an example of something that still needs researching in 2020 even though you should have the design already (as the UK actually built it)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: GC and SW Old techs still researchable

Post by number47 »

Most of the older designs should be made unresearchable in modern scenarios...maybe leave only old *worldwide units open for research. It is funny someone can "research" mig-19 in 2020 :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

number47 wrote:Most of the older designs should be made unresearchable in modern scenarios...maybe leave only old *worldwide units open for research. It is funny someone can "research" mig-19 in 2020 :D
For some that would be quite advanced!

Its even funnier you can research the Hawker Hart from the 20's or 30's (its a biplane lol!)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The game should default to Obsolete and Replaced filtered from the lists. The decision was that older unit designs shouldn't be known. The US couldn't turn around tomorrow and start building F4U corsair's again, they would need to set up production again.

We also make much greater use of the Obsolete filter date, but we didn't get all the units yet. We'll be working more on this in the coming weeks.

Since we use one equipment file across all maps now, we can't make them unsearchable, only obsolete. At least I've not been able to express a clear rule for limiting access to the designs.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

I dont know if this has been brought up before but it concerns tech:
Will the tech level requirement for units be back?
That, in my opinion, was a feature that worked reasonably well,
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No, the tech level system will not return. There are lots of new techs and longer research times.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Balthagor wrote:The game should default to Obsolete and Replaced filtered from the lists. The decision was that older unit designs shouldn't be known. The US couldn't turn around tomorrow and start building F4U corsair's again, they would need to set up production again.

We also make much greater use of the Obsolete filter date, but we didn't get all the units yet. We'll be working more on this in the coming weeks.

Since we use one equipment file across all maps now, we can't make them unsearchable, only obsolete. At least I've not been able to express a clear rule for limiting access to the designs.
this makes complete sense to me. If the US wanted to build F4U's it would have to go through the entire R&D process, re-tooling, etc.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Again pretty much failed with the feedback given.

In all those years reports of not finding good units you bought or researched all had same response. Turn on obsolete and replaced units option. AI? well screw them. In '36 i can jump to '80's tech very easily. But noooo tech level was bad :P

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”