Cabinet Ministers

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

jadestorm
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Cabinet Ministers

Post by jadestorm »

One of the things that I've often felt was "lacking" from the SR's that I have played is some sort of "personality" with your cabinet ministers, and possible issues and resolutions associated with them. For example, I might like, as I come to power, to high a military minister who is heavily focused on expanding our borders. I may tell him to focus on defense, but he builds up offensive military anyway and pisses off my neighbors and even causes a war with one of them because he has troops on their border. Said war completes but now the population hates me and I personally am rather pissed at him for causing that. So I fire him and choose a new minister. The population immediately approves of me a bit more, as do my neighbors, because I have removed this person from his position. That's not to say it's an immediate huge jump as they don't KNOW for sure that I wasn't in agreement with his choices so it might help my approval ratings and such over the course of the next year to see that I have appointed a new minister that indeed is focused on defense and I am fully sticking with that.

TL;DR: have the ministers be actual "people" who have a couple of traits to them that may or may not fall in line with your own policies.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Cabinet Ministers

Post by Kristijonas »

You mean like there being several candidates each with their own set of traits/priorities/strategies? That would be lovely. BUT ONLY IF I CAN EXECUTE THEM IF I DONT LIKE THEM UNDER DICTATORSHIP.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”