current timeline

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

suaske666
Major
Human: Yes

current timeline

Post by suaske666 »

Not to sound aggressive or cynical as I may have come off in previous posts, but could we get a general idea of this "current timeline"?

I'm not asking to know what new features you are planning, as i understand you might not want us to know that stuff this early on, what I do want to know, and think we all have a right to know is what features you plan on fixing?

since these issues have been lingering for quite a few years, and i'm not going to say the percentage of them that's been resolved thus far, i'd say it's reasonable to assume not all of them, in fact most of them will not be resolved. SO may we hear what the BG team have prioritized to fix? I honestly feel like you don't want us to know this either, though since these are features that have already been announced and claimed as implemented years ago i don't see the reason for it.

in case you don't want to tell us what you plan on fixing, can you at least tell us why you wont tell us?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: current timeline

Post by Balthagor »

Fixing implies broken. What feature(s) are you talking about? You didn't actually name any.

One at a time please.

I will try and answer, but if it's new implementation you're asking for, I've discussed before why I won't talk about new features. I let other team members reveal those things. Even for fixes, if there is a chance the timeline will slip, I'm unlikely to give a timeline.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

well i've already mentioned in previous posts broken features some of which you ignored (as in haven't replied) others you agreed needed fixing and said they were on the list but never talked about again. i feel stupid repeating all of these things since I haven't got them listed and off the top of my head i couldn't come up with half of them. I'm sure you as developers, who are working on these fixes DO have an idea of which you will fix first, and that was the whole point of my above question. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking me? do you want me to guess which ones you will fix now and if I guess correctly you will tell me so?

edit: while I wait i've come up with 2 things that are definitely broken in the complete sense of the word and another 3 that are broken, but if you really tried hard could try and convince us you meant for it to be that way and it doesn't mess up the game in any way.

note there are of course quite a few i didn't come up with that have been mentioned on the forum by others.
also note that even though you said one at a time i'm not sure if you meant for me to start new threads for each one, which would have been a bit silly since almost all of them already have their threads buried somewhere.

first off the 2 that are broken for sure:

#1 the facilities that have 0 nominal maintenance cost (there must be 4 threads mentioning this. you said you'll fix it eventually, nothing more specific)

#2 when a country conquers damaged facilities they are not going to be repaired. you can "unpause" all of them easily, but the AI doesn't do it.

now the other "broken features"

#3 the way prices are calculated makes no sense. especially the metal. in every game I play as soon as my GDP/c starts too rise the costs of metal production are over three times that of market prices. in my last game they were 4 times as much. that means it costs me the same amount of money to extract 100 tonnes of metal from my mines as it would to buy 400 tonnes from china AND ship it back home. now there might be an argument somewhere that the GDP/c difference makes it cheaper to mine in china, that's fine. but when you think about how few manhors it takes to mine ore, you realize most of the cost is transport and maintenance of the machines. you don't extract it my hand anymore.

getting carried away here. this is broken, i mentioned it before, you didn't reply.

#4 Messy borders

in my previous Modern World game Turkey declared war on Iran and Iraq. it lost. now the north of turkey is part of iran and the south is part of turkey. but in between there are tiny specs of territorry separated. you'll find among my started threads one with a screenshot of what happens when the soviets win ww2. it's not pretty.

#5 WARS NEVER END

this has been complained about many times

two countries will never sign a peace. ever. even if they are very far away from each other, and they have already won/lost.
also AI always annexes. this is historically not accurate in most cases.

EDIT 2

I forgot the one about funding opposition. you know the one
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Balthagor wrote:...One at a time please...
I really meant that. I don't ignore the forums. I'm working on content for SR1936 and SR Ultimate. Following the forums takes time and I don't always have the time. I check the forums when I get up and before I go to bed. I'm satisfied that I go above and beyond my expected duties in my community engagement. But enough on my rant...
suaske666 wrote:...the facilities that have 0 nominal maintenance cost...
As it affects all regions the same, I don't think it's considered an extremely high priority. Maintenance costs have to be reviewed as part of the long term economy so this may get some attention. I looked up the ticket number (17210 if you want to search the forum for previous discussions on it). My intention was to do comparison of various facility maintenance values in both SR2020 and SR1936 but other tasks have taken priority. If you feel like pulling that data for me, it might help me move that forward, but no guarantees.
suaske666 wrote:...#2 when a country conquers damaged facilities they are not going to be repaired. you can "unpause" all of them easily, but the AI doesn't do it...
That's wrong. If the AI has money and resources it does unpause it's own stuff. If you use the minister priorities, your minister will even start repairing your own facilities for you based on similar criteria. The issue here is the economy, that regions aren't finding the money (which, 1935 to 1965 is not completely unreasonable). I have posted that answer before.
suaske666 wrote:...even though you said one at a time i'm not sure if you meant for me to start new threads for each one, which would have been a bit silly since almost all of them already have their threads buried somewhere...
So find them. It wouldn't be silly, it would mean if I only have time two answer one or two, I could come back later and know which ones I had read and which ones I hadn't yet. Uber-threads mean I need to have a 15min block to read and answer. Sometimes longer. I can punch in a bunch of events in 15mins.

I answered two of them. Bump this tomorrow and I'll answer some more. It's late and I'm going to bed.

... after I check the rest of the threads. And the Steam threads. And my email one last time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

You didn't answer the important questions nor were they answered before to anyones satisfaction.

Or maybe we just don't want to accept the answer

"YES, messy borders, broken loyalty penalty and no multiple loyalties, almost neverending wars, inability to make new countries or simply give away land to whomever and that issue with production costs rising many times together with GDP/c (didn't know of this before) IS PERFECTLY NORMAL". Sorry if I forgot something, I'm sure I did. :P

That said, please accept our criticism as pure love for the game and your work. Making a game like this with a small team like yours is truly respectable, hat off.
We simply want these probably hard to code, but -really important- changes. And I think it is reasonable to expect such critical features to be added/fixed on a new game release. That said, fans like me will buy the game nevertheless, but a disgruntled fanbase is not a good thing longterm.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Bumping this to remind you on support/condemn boxes that don't work!! And I have been pointing out on this for a very long time now!

I just fail to understand the reason for not fixing long known issues which have been annoying players for years? Wars that never ends are very annoying and sometimes gamebreaking, but this problem is ignored for years!

So the questions above are perfectly legit. Can you tell us in which timeframe can we expect these things to be fixed? Or can we expect them to be be fixed at all?
Please teach AI everything!

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”