Supreme Ruler Ultimate Announcement

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Supreme Ruler Ultimate Announcement

Post by Balthagor »

Ancaster, Canada - BattleGoat Studios is proud today to announce Supreme Ruler Ultimate, the most ambitious and comprehensive title in our Supreme Ruler strategy game series. With the announcement of Supreme Ruler Ultimate David Thompson, Lead Designer and Co-Founder explained, "Our recent release of Supreme Ruler 1936 has proven to be very popular with our fans and strategy/wargame players as it revolves around World War II, but one of the biggest requests we've received has been to blend it with the near future game we released back in 2008, Supreme Ruler 2020. That game provided players with the opportunity to make anything they wanted of our modern world, from any starting nation, without any preconceived expectations." Supreme Ruler Ultimate will incorporate the content from all of BattleGoat's Supreme Ruler series, letting players take control of a nation from the historic troubles of World War II, through the Cold War, and into the near future where established relations are undermined by disorder and turmoil. Thompson went on to comment, "With what is currently going on internationally and the intense domestic polarization forming within various countries, it certainly is not hard to imagine a spark spreading unparalleled chaos through our world." Thompson indicated that BattleGoat will continue to add historic events and content to the game for players that want to start in the 20th century, as well as updating the near future storyline to incorporate new technology threads and to reflect the new international crises that have developed.

Supreme Ruler Ultimate will be released on October 17, 2014, and an announcement regarding a Steam Early Access Beta is expected soon. BattleGoat have also announced that owners of Supreme Ruler 1936 will be given a special upgrade price to the new title.

About Supreme Ruler Ultimate
Supreme Ruler Ultimate represents the pinnacle of fourteen years of development on the Supreme Ruler series of Real Time Geo-Political Military Strategy Games for PC and Mac. Supreme Ruler Ultimate incorporates the stories, campaigns, scenarios, and features from the previous Supreme Ruler releases and expands on them in an improved game engine. Take control of any nation in the world from World War II through the Cold War and into the near future as our world lurches from one crisis to the next. Play historical or modern campaigns with specific objectives, attempt one of the many Set-Piece Scenarios for a shorter game, or customize your gaming experience by picking any nation in the various era sandboxes and choosing your own preferred Victory Condition. With so many options to choose from, Supreme Ruler Ultimate provides virtually unlimited replayability!

- Play Historical or Futuristic Campaigns.
- Take Control of any Nation in Sandbox Mode and impact the outcome of an era.
- Play through a single era, or guide your Nation through more than a century of progress.
- Challenge yourself with Set-Piece Scenarios for a faster-paced gameplay experience.
- The butterfly effect... Influence the timeline and outcome of thousands of historical events.
- Use Diplomacy, Trade, Espionage, and Intimidation to influence the policies of other nations.
- Thousands of units and technologies available for unprecedented Scientific Advancement.
- Modernize your economy to support whatever social and military policies you choose.
- Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces.
- Detailed historically-accurate armies down to the Battalion level.
- Choose your level of control. Make all decisions or use your Cabinet Ministers to help.
- Battle the elements! Fully integrated weather model influences battlefield outcomes.
- Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet.

About BattleGoat Studios
BattleGoat Studios is a Canadian Software Developer committed to developing leading edge "Intelligent Strategy Games". BattleGoat’s game design history dates back to the first text-based Supreme Ruler game in 1982, making Supreme Ruler one of the oldest computer gaming franchises still in development. The design team firmly believes that Strategy Gamers are looking for more sophisticated games that also remain fun to play. BattleGoat insists that their approach to development will always emphasize an accurate, heavily researched environment assuring players an entertaining and immersive gameplay experience. Their previous PC releases are Supreme Ruler 2010, Supreme Ruler 2020, Supreme Ruler Cold War, and Supreme Ruler 1936.

Steam Store: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314980/
Twitter: @battlegoat
Forum: http://www.bgforums.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/supremeruler
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Announcement

Post by GIJoe597 »

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 43&t=22602

..."I do rather like the idea, but I would suggest a conglomerate game. Starts in 1936, with no end date and all updates, fixes/tweaks, things learned from all games to date. With an engine that can handle that large a time frame without breaking the economy etc.

BG already has all the code and data one would assume from all their games. The kicker is, if it is steam only I would be left in the cold, just like with 1936."...
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

For the moment, Steam is required.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Can you run it outside of Steam like SR1936?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

So far we have not found any barriers to continuing to offer it running outside of Steam. As long as we can offer it, we will.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I'm speechless... HUH
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Interesting...
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Hopefully you'll fix the economy in long term games, theres a few other things, but I think Chris knows what they are. (hint naval ai and complete victory)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Long term economy has been getting some attention lately. Not sure how much impact it will have for the next '36 update but it's high on the priorities.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

How will this differ from SR 1936 with the 2020 and Cold War Scenario Mod?

And does this mean you will not finish 1936? I was surprised a lot by this being posted right now, since 1936, even though it has been officially released, still seems like a game in Beta stage, without any offense intended.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

For the effect on '36, see the FAQ thread

Short version, most improvements will be made for both. Ultimate is more focused on content and "legacy features".

the 2020/Cold War maps will be updated to work fully in the new engine. I haven't played the mods much so I'm at a bit of a loss to compare them.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Please, NOO!!!

I don't want to offend you, but this is like having deja-vu again!
SR - CW had the same "unfinished" work in progress flavour when we moved to SR 1936...
SR 1936 feels unfinished and you are moving to another project - AGAIN?!

Do we need that right now!? While I'm the fan of the series, I'm not sure that I'll support this - again. There are some things that have not been adressed for years and it seems this is going to stay that way. Moving to new title will ,again, solve none of this. I don't need another GUI polishing, new era and new meshes while old issues are not fixed.
What I need is:

- better diplomacy (yes, diplomacy matters in games like SR), and AI capable of "remembering" actions we do for against it (to some degree)
- more domestic policies options with strikes, riots and rebelions
- Alliances that actually works
- Land AI that uses combined force
- Naval and air AI that actually works
- AI that knows how to adjust spendings and when to stop producing units (bad cash flow for example)
- removed bugs, strange things (forced spheres, endless wars) and other things that are annoying but are not corrected so far
- bringing back features that are removed but wanted by players (teritory trading)
- introducing features wanted by players for years
- providing arms to opposition that actually sparks rebelions
- and other small "low priority" things that are on wishlist for years but seems never intended to be implemented

Please, don't do that to us again!!
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote:...SR - CW had the same "unfinished" work in progress flavour when we moved to SR 1936...
Some can claim that, but it was a complete project, start to finish. Not all bugs where squashed, there is never time to get them all.

And as per the road map, work on Ultimate does not end the work on '36. We are a development studio, we either keep developing or we find other ways to earn a living.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote: Some can claim that, but it was a complete project, start to finish.
While I do not have any insight view in your plans the game just felt unfinished to me (again, no offense, we are just talking and I just want to get the better product)
Balthagor wrote:Not all bugs where squashed, there is never time to get them all.
The major demoralizing factor for me as player and fan were not bugs per se but your absolute refusal to solve some long known issues. Things that coul'd simply be adjusted with minimal effort but woul'd have major positive gameplay impact. Like endless AI vs. AI wars and support/condemn checkboxes that are not working or do not have any significant gameplay impact. Ignoring such reports for years is most dishaertening for me as a player and customer. :-(
Hope you'll be more receptive to similar sugestions in the future...
Balthagor wrote: And as per the road map, work on Ultimate does not end the work on '36. We are a development studio, we either keep developing or we find other ways to earn a living.
I can understand that and want to support you as your customer, but sometimes you just refuse to listen and change anything on your "roadmap" or wishlist priorities! How to explain the 2 examples I have given above? And because of things like that I'm less than enthoustiastic about your new title. Hope you'll prove me wrong (but my hopes are not high any more)...

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread (seems I am thread hijacker after all :-( ), maybe we should transfer this to another thread.
Please teach AI everything!
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

i guess zuikaku phrased his comment better than i did seeing as mine was deleted. but yeah i 100% agree with Zuikaku on this one. while i like the idea of "ultimate", it just doesn't make sense to release a new game with the massive void within 1936. though i of course understand that your studio needs funds, as zuikaku pointed out, some of us would be more inclined to spend money if some of the issues with the gameplay were solved.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”