Supreme Ruler Ultimate Announcement

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nitrous Oxide
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Announcement

Post by Nitrous Oxide »

Kristijonas wrote:What I meant by that was "being able to trade territory based on hexes in a region. Meaning that what is traded are not some selected separate hexes, but a whole region. By a region I mean a "battlezone".

Even if a country only controls 1/10 of a battlezone, for example Germany at the beginning controls only a few hexes of the "Lodz" battlezone (the majority belongs to Poland) the player could select that they want to give that battlezone region away to Poland. Or some other country (however that would make no sense, hmm - but could work in multiplayer!). What mean is, this could be a TECHNICAL solution of how transfering territories could work in a limited sense. People could just transfer ALL hexes of a single battlezone of their choice to a country of their choice.

I am suggesting this only in case this is much easier to develop (Balthagor mentioned that the difficulty is creating an interface where you could select separate hexes, so I am suggesting this on an assumption that trading whole battlezones could be easier). Again, an example is Victoria II game where even if you can conquer only whole regions, not single provinces.

I don't think this would create a problem of the map looking artificial, because there would be many cases where territories would NOT be traded, and for example after WW2 it would make sense for the UK and USA to trade ALL their conquered battlezones back to the continental European nations.
Please. Even if it's just an option that's mostly broken and the AI always accepts the trades... For a game that makes you play diplomacy, having to attack your friends because they helped you in a war and now there's a silly bubble on the map and I'm OCD about my glorious empire... well... |O

I mean, we have cheats, we can mod practically everything... but you won't add the one thing most of us want... HUH
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

The best is to start the game with the spheres of it's time and if the era changes, new spheres should be established.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Nitrous Oxide wrote:I mean, we have cheats, we can mod practically everything... but you won't add the one thing most of us want... HUH

Where are these upgraded cheats?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nitrous Oxide wrote:...but you won't add the one thing most of us want...
Please provide supporting evidence for this statement.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

The supporting evidence is that land trading is excluded!
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

georgios wrote:The supporting evidence is that land trading is excluded!
I think he was asking for evidence that land trading is the most important issue for the majority of players.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

GreenGoblin wrote:I think he was asking for evidence that land trading is the most important issue for the majority of players.
Correct, I'll edit the post to make that clearer.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

The Diplomacy got 19/94 votes, which includes unit trade, thus making up ~20% of the votes, please note that people where allowed to cast 3 votes in that poll. Diplomacy was thus the option that gathered second most, only the naval warfare section gathered more. I would thus consider that it so that most people want to se the top 3 options added to the game, this thus including unit trade.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

So then land trade falls into the broad topic of Diplomacy which ranked second. Did I say that correctly?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Players should be grouped in hard and soft players. Hard players who ask more complicated things are few but they are stronger supporters of the game.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

So when we going to be able to buy Ultimate?
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Balthagor wrote:So then land trade falls into the broad topic of Diplomacy which ranked second. Did I say that correctly?
Yup that's correct, but if you Zoom into the Diplomacy category, you will notice that that roughly 1/3 (6/19 votes) fall on embargoes, making it the biggest contributor to Diplomacy, while improved unit/tech trade didn't seem as important as embargoes, "Berlin Wall" or more aggressive AI.

EDIT: Just a note, the 3 most wanted individual features was Embargoes, AI Naval fleets, Comintern as a 3rd sphere
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Thundernight
Warrant Officer

Post by Thundernight »

I can't wait to play the game. But can't play until its released. So are we any closer for the early release?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I noticed that SUT wasn't mentioned, is it still not a priority? :D
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”