Supreme Ruler Ultimate Announcement

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Announcement

Post by number47 »

GIJoe597 wrote:Reading all this, I would like to post an opinion, but with BG and Paradox both chasing the kiddie market of steam, I am instead searching for new fields that have nothing to do with steam.. no more SR or HOI for me :( 07
Note to BG!

Will you please make a one-time single edition "premium member long time supporter and great AAR writer" dvd non-steam copy of the game and send it to GIJoe597? I can't take it anymore...your cold-hearted neglect of this man's desires to play your newest games makes me...very...emotional :cry:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Nyet,

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one".
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

From George C: "All that being said, there are items on your list that are still in consideration, but there are also others that simple cannot be done and have been crossed off. As we've mentioned above, where possible we will be updating SR1936 with engine improvements being made for Ultimate, so for players that are not interested in the post-WWII content that may be all they need. For players that own SR936, Ultimate is more like an "Expansion Pack", which is why we are offering it at discount for SR1936 owners. (For players that have been with us a while, think of Ultimate as the Global Crisis/Gold Edition package for SR1936.)

-- George."

Ok. The last part, in parentheses, only applies if you plan on having a Shattered World scenario/campaign. You do that, Mr. BattleGoat, and I'll buy multiple copies. :D
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Balthagor wrote:1. unlikely.
2. very unlikely, though controlling the impact of loyalty as a whole via modding is a possibility.
3. hard to say, but we are looking to make the Global Crisis map have the same sort of feel in had in SR2020 so the engine will need to understand when the spheres no longer carry the same impact.

I hope you guys do #3. The Spheres, etc. just don't work for me. They are only semi-historic at best (e.g., if the French had attacked Spain, Germany and the UK, would they still be part of the "Allies"?), and perhaps only applied to a short period of the Cold War (from 1948 to about 1964).

The SR2020 chaos was a lot more fun, and you could still build alliances if you wanted. Tie that to the SRCW ability of an Ally to send troops to operate (and claim territory for you) during a war, and it is a win.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Looking forward to new game.

I hope its a supreme success !
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

georgios wrote:Congratulations! I was long waiting desperately a game with contemporary scenario. I was very dissappointed seeing you going back in the history. I was sure that the next game would be world war 1.. I got really happy with this announcement!
Same thoughts.
Above all a spherical map would be the real revolution.
But that would only make it harder to get around (heh, place for a pun here) in the map.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Kristijonas wrote:But that would only make it harder to get around (heh, place for a pun here) in the map.

Why? It would be like google earth.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

I was wondering how this would continue ... updates to 1936 or a new game? Now we know.

It seems like you are just using the 1936 engine and slapping a new scenario on it and calling it a new game.

Honestly, unless you vastly improve the GUI, it's not gunna be worth it. We've been through this discussion before with SR1936 ... There is so much to improve.

I'm not going to list it all again... just reading this forum and picking up on the questions of "how to", "where do i" etc.. should be enough. If you guys still don't see how/where you can improve the GUI and player experience, then please hire some outside help to give you a new perspective. Or if you can't afford one... just copy as much as you can from paradox' game. ;-)

But i still stand by my original assessment - the game concept and what it allows you to do is great and i love it for what it is (more the coldwar aspect). It's just so cumbersome to play and you basically need a Ph.D in SR'ism to know whats going on. Not worth it.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

mattpilot wrote:I was wondering how this would continue ... updates to 1936 or a new game? Now we know.

It seems like you are just using the 1936 engine and slapping a new scenario on it and calling it a new game.

Honestly, unless you vastly improve the GUI, it's not gunna be worth it. We've been through this discussion before with SR1936 ... There is so much to improve.

I'm not going to list it all again... just reading this forum and picking up on the questions of "how to", "where do i" etc.. should be enough. If you guys still don't see how/where you can improve the GUI and player experience, then please hire some outside help to give you a new perspective. Or if you can't afford one... just copy as much as you can from paradox' game. ;-)

But i still stand by my original assessment - the game concept and what it allows you to do is great and i love it for what it is (more the coldwar aspect). It's just so cumbersome to play and you basically need a Ph.D in SR'ism to know whats going on. Not worth it.
They have already said they will continue updates for SR1936 in parallel so I shouldn't worry too much.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

mattpilot wrote:I was wondering how this would continue ... updates to 1936 or a new game? Now we know...
yes, it's both!

The fact that this will be the cheapest release price of any Supreme Ruler title is a reflection of the fact that the focus is more on bringing back old content then on creating new, or of implementing features that can benefit both projects. We have the benefit of a shorter development cycle, users get the benefit of a lower cost product with massive amounts of content.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Panzerleader
Warrant Officer

Post by Panzerleader »

Wait will SR1936 be finished first??
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The projects are being worked on simultaneously.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

I really hope this doesn't derail progress on implementing region resurrection. There still is no way to make a region come completely back to life through partisans. I would also really like to see land trading. I realize the AI might have issues dealing with this but at the very least you could implement player to player land trading so that we can trade land in multiplayer without going to war!
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

How would be the traded lands selected?

From a list of owned regions or the player must select a group of hexes?

And will be traded only border lands to neighbors or every land to everyone?

You should propose a fully working solution to BG if you want to see it happen.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

The posts above show that some major issues are not being addressed in the Ultimate. Really, some sort of land trading and regional resurrecting should exist...

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”