The Future of Supreme Ruler Development / SR Next Generation

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Rosalis
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: The Future of Supreme Ruler Development / SR Next Generation

Post by Rosalis »

Would be nice if they bring out a descision for SRNG. Wether it will be SRU 2.0 or more focused in modern times. For modern times i dont mind more focus on region units. If its gonna be all eras, well i dont want to see 20k more units that are basicly useless in modern times to sort thru them, wether it is in a modding environment or gameplay.

In my opinion SR2020 was just fine. Have a light infantry for the east and west, same as special forces. Dont make it complicated, there are already enough issues (or typos) with units. Adding them is one thing, removing them is a whole other, also gotta think about new players. SR2020 everything could be way more easily identified, wether it was a tank or artillery unit. Experienced players will have no problem with this, for new players they will just be overwhelmed. All respect to Nerei, but thats my opinion in a free world and i dont really care about models. What im missing is an option, wether to turn those models on or not. Wether to have a balanced game, or a game where you can exploit the east, since there seems to be alot of demand for that.

Instead of that you could also adress resources to work out mercenaries or finetune the strategic trading pool. With more units, its more an US vs Russia game. Just compare the 2. SR2020 few regions had unique designs, but almost everyone could form a balanced army (and act on it=worldwide wars), SRU you always have to knock on the door of either US or Russia.

No way people are fine with a competetive worldwide AA design, tanks are already a problem, let alone interceptors. Bias even turned to regions like India or China like they cant invent anything competetive. Personally i have seen enough of those topics. If strategic trading pool is implemented in a way the units get to the right regions, that will already be a huge accomplishment, and i definetely got my doubts on that altho devs are devs, they like to develop, hopefully with respect to the game and all the regions. Russia being killed because it declared over 10 wars before finishing one, and US just sitting on their continent, i already know how its gonna be. Its not gonna change anything, and might as well see Abraham tanks driving around under Syrian or Iranian control or the east, like now, isnt gonna have anything competetive.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Rosalis wrote:
Aug 01 2020
Would be nice if they bring out a descision for SRNG. Wether it will be SRU 2.0 or more focused in modern times. For modern times i dont mind more focus on region units. If its gonna be all eras, well i dont want to see 20k more units that are basicly useless in modern times to sort thru them, wether it is in a modding environment or gameplay.

In my opinion SR2020 was just fine. Have a light infantry for the east and west, same as special forces. Dont make it complicated, there are already enough issues (or typos) with units. Adding them is one thing, removing them is a whole other, also gotta think about new players. SR2020 everything could be way more easily identified, wether it was a tank or artillery unit. Experienced players will have no problem with this, for new players they will just be overwhelmed. All respect to Nerei, but thats my opinion in a free world and i dont really care about models. What im missing is an option, wether to turn those models on or not. Wether to have a balanced game, or a game where you can exploit the east, since there seems to be alot of demand for that.

Instead of that you could also adress resources to work out mercenaries or finetune the strategic trading pool. With more units, its more an US vs Russia game. Just compare the 2. SR2020 few regions had unique designs, but almost everyone could form a balanced army (and act on it=worldwide wars), SRU you always have to knock on the door of either US or Russia.

No way people are fine with a competetive worldwide AA design, tanks are already a problem, let alone interceptors. Bias even turned to regions like India or China like they cant invent anything competetive. Personally i have seen enough of those topics. If strategic trading pool is implemented in a way the units get to the right regions, that will already be a huge accomplishment, and i definetely got my doubts on that altho devs are devs, they like to develop, hopefully with respect to the game and all the regions. Russia being killed because it declared over 10 wars before finishing one, and US just sitting on their continent, i already know how its gonna be. Its not gonna change anything, and might as well see Abraham tanks driving around under Syrian or Iranian control or the east, like now, isnt gonna have anything competetive.
I agree on the most part of the text mentioned.
Rosalis
Lt. Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

I know it sounds harsh and all, but someone needs to say the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTIgxB5TuGU

Just criticly watch this video, this is the gameplay you provide to most users. Warning tho, turn down your sound. Like almost all games sound is way to high, and this game makes it even worse.

Really no need for anything more, just focus on what you already have and improve that. When people enjoy that they will tell their friends, no marketing can beat that.

Some sort of division builder would be nice, i think people look at all those units and are like no way im gonna entrench the Russia border, for that they should be punished. I just like to say, start with it, and you done it before you know it, after you capture territory from Russia, you already have a defence division on the border city that you can move up. Russia could wipe him before april if they declared on EU instead of everyone else, wether he has vodniks or not. Part 2, after taking over all the small countries, economy plummets and he starts cheating in money so he can "improve the economy". I guess everything is allowed, but you cant even blame him. Its good, mature and positive feedback.

The division builder should be just as strong for the AI as for the player. More of an ease of gameplay instead of an exploit against the AI. And it doesnt add anything new if you know what i mean, its improving what you already have. Personally i dont really care if it comes or not, just can imagine it will help the people complaining about unit control. Also why not return the rule of max 7 divisions or brigades in 1 hex? like now thousands can be in 1 hex as long order is on the city they wanna capture. Add more strategic to capturing lots of clustered cities. AI will have problems, but that will force you to improve the operations of planes.

Besides all this i just think the rate of repair is pretty crazy, should be like 3-4 times longer for land units. Air is pretty descent, you need those back asap since 1 is 11. Navy seems to be very fast as well. Maybe 2x as long. Pretty sure something got broken since land and navy seems to repair way faster then SR2020. Also impact of MG is pretty low because of it. Anyone agrees with this? I always loved making money on my own wars, something bankers all too good know.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Export prices caps should be much more fluid as even when the world is short of oil, rubber and military goods, prices aren't skyrocketing until the point where either countries cannot buy it, or demand falls sufficiently (same thing I suppose) and the selling price vs demand reaches a nice equilibrium.

Yes I realise that it may make oil $50+ per barrel in the 36 scenario, but then the Ai might go and be pushed into build more oil production perhaps?
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”