The Future of Supreme Ruler Development / SR Next Generation

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

milivoje02
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: The Future of Supreme Ruler Development / SR Next Generation

#136 Post by milivoje02 » May 19 2020

What do you think about putting a few units of the US Army at the beginning of the game (World 2020) in Germany, Italy, Bosnia, Kosovo, Poland, Romania. Because there are permanent NATO crews of US army in those countries.

SGTscuba
General

#137 Post by SGTscuba » May 22 2020

From Discord:
Fitz wrote:for future titles would it be possible to make it so you could choose the amount of missiles you would like to produce? If I wanted 500 for example I'd have to hammer my mouse 500 times, being able to type 500 or press control + click and do in quantities of 10 would be cool?
Also from discord:
Vandaydar wrote:I'd like to see a "build until" option to maintain stock levels
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

#138 Post by Balthagor » May 26 2020

Rosalis wrote:
Mar 05 2020
I dont care much for new features. Most important thing for me is love for the scenario. If i look at 2020 SRU campaigns all i see is neglected regions, cant even call them countries. Lots has happened irl, nothing has been drasticly changed besides some pictues of leaders. Economy has suffered because of older scenarios. Besides US and Russia world is hurting to compose a balanced military. So one feature request would be countries which import mass ammount of units get the design or a black market kinda thing where you can buy units. Also world need to be balanced, pretty boring if everyone join US sphere. Every time i play a new game, i want to see new things happen, not every game everyone joining US sphere. Because Russia, China, North Korea are declaring wars and honor the game, US sit in america doing nothing, and if it does something its annexing america. Everytime someone declare war, the other side should declare a war on someone too, no political bias, just keep it balanced. Smaller regions should focus on strengthen alliances cloose to them. That's main issues in my opinion.

Anyway good to hear you guys have future plans after the space game.
@Rosalis - I wanted to ask a bit of clarification on your post. You said "scenarios" but I wonder if you mean Sandboxes? In the terms we've tried to establish so we don't confuse ourselves, we see them as follows;

- A sandbox is a set starting point, few events, free play moving forward. Play from any region, play as long as you like.
- A campaign is a set starting point, play from one specific region, events attempt to create a story narrative to follow leading to a win/loss condition.
- A scenario is a fix historical of fictional event, play from a region related to the event, short time scale to reach a win/loss condition.

I know some of our implementations don't meet all these specific criteria, but I'm trying to restate our design goals moving forward. I'd like to know which of those you play most/value most.

Same question to anyone else too I guess...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Zuikaku
General

#139 Post by Zuikaku » May 26 2020

I mostly play sandboxes and I do care very much for new features.
Please teach AI to liberate and colonize instead of only annexing!

SGTscuba
General

#140 Post by SGTscuba » May 26 2020

I like sandboxes. Some of the economic items could do with adjustment though.

But I also like features. SUT features :D
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Rosalis
Major

#141 Post by Rosalis » May 26 2020

I like the sandboxes in SR2020, where you dont know what you can expect from friends and foes. They are called scenarios there. Just a few well known alliances on each side, each time you start a new game there is a change the alliance get dissolved, which gonna result in broken sphere where allies have to choose who they wanna keep ally with. For example in 1 game Canada doesnt want to work with US and dissolve all treaties at the start, then Japan, Australia, etc. might have to choose. Go for trade and prosperity or trust uncle Sam will save them. The bigger you and ai get, the more your allies should be wondering if it is profitable for them to continue the alliance. Trade embargos could take a role here. Both for fixing bad relations during a game aswell as strengthen your own alliance boycotting the enemy of a certain resource. For example Ukraine is first ally of Russia, all of sudden Russia want to strengthen the naval base production because it faces UK and France on an earlier war and declare war on Ukraine, then enemies of Russia should be mostly open to welcome Ukraine into their sphere, especially since it got alot to offer in terms of materials and lots of territory to bring problems for Russia. As soon 2-3 alliances are formed, the rest of Russia allies should dissolve their treaties with Ukraine if they have any left.

Right now, believe me in my mod i made tons of alliances and during the game i make even more, but relations have to have full bars in both diplomatic and civilian before the ally sends help to the region right next to them with a land border. Its too much relations based, not what the region actually need. Ofcourse Poland, Germany, Czech, etc. will try to help Ukraine in my example, cause after Ukraine they are prolly next. If an ally doesnt send help 1 way or another, relations should take a hit. At minimum you can give military goods for a good price or give a few spare infantry units. Im all for AI cheating a bit, like it can scan how many units a region has, so it can make better descisions.

I dont like the campaign in SRU, nothing is happening till the player does something, it is too predictable.

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

#142 Post by Balthagor » May 26 2020

Rosalis wrote:
May 26 2020
..each time you start a new game there is a [chance] the alliance get dissolved, which gonna result in broken sphere where allies have to choose who they wanna keep ally with. For example in 1 game Canada doesnt want to work with US and dissolve all treaties at the start, then Japan, Australia, etc. might have to choose...
This is a design I believe we will be reviewing. Personally, for our next game, I'd like to see more of these "choices of allies". We'll see where the design takes us.

Here's a question - we currently allow you to be allied to two regions at war with each other. I remember in Total War games were you were force to make a choice and stay allied with only one. Would that be more realistic for our games? Better for gameplay? It's been considered before but I think it will get discussed again.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Zuikaku
General

#143 Post by Zuikaku » May 26 2020

How about declaring neutrality (not connected with spheres) with costs and benefits. Neutral country can be in good relations with everybody and trade with regions that are at war with each other.
Please teach AI to liberate and colonize instead of only annexing!

Rosalis
Major

#144 Post by Rosalis » May 27 2020

Declaring neutrality? I mean that didnt work out for Netherlands in WW2. Earned alot of money in WW1 tho. Maybe its a status you can earn when a war is declared and you have good relations with both. Then when the war is over you loose the status. It would actually be a good way to fix some stuff in proxy war situations, no troop crossings in neutral regions.

So for example if someone declare war all regions with alliances get pulled inside it, create a bar with war progress, participation, etc. At the start the region with alliances on both sides, get 3 options, claim neutrality, or break relations and treaties. There might be issues with alliances still figting in the war on each side, but that change gonna be alot smaller. Then when the war starts troops in neutral territory leave the region as neutral.

Worth opening a new topic or not?

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”