New Insider Build - 1936 Economy Experiment

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

New Insider Build - 1936 Economy Experiment

Post by Balthagor »

Hello,

For some time now there has been debate about the balance settings of the WWII era maps, particularly the 1936 start. The electricity situation of the world quickly cascades into problems in multiple commodities. I've taken the time to do some play throughs and some experimentation. We'll be pushing up a new insider build where electricity capacity of all regions has been increased and a slight decrease on demand. I've played through a few game years with this version and I think it's an improvement. We're releasing this ONLY as an insider build at this time to get some community feedback. It should go up sometime in the next 24h.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Buzzbrad
General

Re: New Insider Build - 1936 Economy Experiment

Post by Buzzbrad »

The update will go live shortly. Just staging it now. I will post when it is on the insider.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

nice - kill Rubber too and the computer player will own again!
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Also increase the number of research facilities and at the same time force AI to devote more time to unit research.
Please teach AI everything!
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

This is live on the insider now.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Pls improve priorty on researching power grid. Even regions in modern sandboxes are reluctant in researching them. Same with the rubber techs.

Improved power grid 1-4 minister interest 0.05 -->atleast 0.2
Rubber production minister interest 0.15 --> atleast 0.2

That should be a good start to see if games will work out better then just changing the problem to another market on 1 single sandbox.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

YoMomma wrote: Jun 22 2018 Pls improve priorty on researching power grid. Even regions in modern sandboxes are reluctant in researching them. Same with the rubber techs.

Improved power grid 1-4 minister interest 0.05 -->atleast 0.2
Rubber production minister interest 0.15 --> atleast 0.2...
A reasonable request.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Yea, i would say so, make it an AI tech too.

Anyway i cant help you on 1936, it's been too long that i played that sandbox. I just remembered the complaints and thought i would drop this suggestion, because over time there really needs to be something done about production decrease. It's not game breaking in modern scenarios, just annoying that you have to keep building facilities, and well i like to play in mp, so yea, you feel almost like you arent fixing anything. Slowly i get it tho, basicly synthetic rubber production needs to be spread, i just watch it like it is good for the GDP/C.

I think the production decrease on modern scenarios is, because the game thinks theres an over production and doesnt register if regions are just producing for demand instead of capacity. On rubber the issue is the biggest, because over time the AI will less and less export for loss and more produce for own demand.

sry [_]OT
Gameplay 1st

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”