My mod crashes on startup

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

boyarinn
Sergeant
Human: Yes

My mod crashes on startup

Post by boyarinn »

I'm new to the forums, so if I do anything wrong, please point it out! Thanks :)

I've been trying to give Germany more land, so I've decided ti mod the land. I gave Germany the whole Europe and cached the game. For some reason, when I go into sandbox and choose a scenario, my game crashes! I've tried to run it with a save file (Put the .SAV file into savefolder) but I could only start the game as Egypt...

Here is the code if it helps: http://pastebin.com/BU9Gq7kA
The lines I've changed are "regioncolor","govtype","&&GROUPING 1188"

P.S.I did try to give Germany only Poland and it DID work, but when I've added more countries, the game started to crash before sandbox has loaded.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: My mod crashes on startup

Post by YoMomma »

The problem is probably puppets/colonies, im not sure since its long time but another problem can be annexed territories for example Dutch antilles.

You will have to check all of them and change to region code of Germany or another region you load in your game.

Do it 1 by 1, make backups, etc. For fast recaching you can cache without units so it only takes few seconds to cache.
Gameplay 1st
boyarinn
Sergeant

Post by boyarinn »

YoMomma wrote:The problem is probably puppets/colonies, im not sure since its long time but another problem can be annexed territories for example Dutch antilles.

You will have to check all of them and change to region code of Germany or another region you load in your game.

Do it 1 by 1, make backups, etc. For fast recaching you can cache without units so it only takes few seconds to cache.
It still takes up to 20 minutes to cache 1 country :/ But thanks for the reply!
Can you see anything wrong with this code? http://pastebin.com/Ds4rj352
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I will try to explain a little better.

For example UK with region code of 1389 incase of 1936 scenario.
You need all puppets from UK in cvp to change parentregion: 1389 into 1188 (Germany) OR remove the number after parent region and load the region in 1936.csv AND SR1936.REGIONINCL file.
You can do this by looking in game which is ofcourse very hard or you search in the file for 1389 untill you have them all and are back at UK.
So for example you search in top of file 1389, you will see suez canal. You decide if you want puppet of Germany or single country or for example group with Egypt.

For modding i use winmerge. Hope this helps a bit more.

If you dont change puppets parent region game will crash.
After writing all this it might be easier to start with Netherlands and Belgium to get the hang of it, and once that works you know how to do France and UK.

To cache the game without units, i mean mod the scenario file, so in this case SR1936.Scenario.
1. Make file no-unit.OOB (just empty file)
2. Place it in MAPS\ORBATS\
3. Open SR1936.Scenario and change line:
#include "SR1936.OOB", "MAPS\ORBATS\"
to
#include "no-unit.OOB", "MAPS\ORBATS\"

Now you will cache fast and see your modding progress.
Gameplay 1st
boyarinn
Sergeant

Post by boyarinn »

Thank you very much for your help!

Return to “Modding 1936”