Modding a land factory to produce land and air units

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

rogerbacon
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Modding a land factory to produce land and air units

Post by rogerbacon »

Hi. So, I found in the wiki where the bitmasks are for unit creation in factories (http://www.supremewiki.com/node/210). I opened up the Default.Unit file and made the change to the land factory (line 5734). When I went into my game, sure enough, I could select both land and air units for production in my land factory. However, the air units don't actually build. They just sit there in the queued group and not in the building group.
What else do I need to change to make this work? Oh, I also changed column DK ( uBuildCap) to 1. My eventual goal is to enable towns, cities, and villages to be able to build infantry only (bit mask 1) to increase the variety of units the AI can build instead of always seeing tons of garrison units that are mostly worthless speed bumps.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Modding a land factory to produce land and air units

Post by Balthagor »

rogerbacon wrote:...They just sit there in the queued group and not in the building group...
Did you have an airbase at the location in question?

You're in untested waters...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

Balthagor wrote:
rogerbacon wrote:...They just sit there in the queued group and not in the building group...
Did you have an airbase at the location in question?

You're in untested waters...
Thanks for the quick reply. No, I did not have an airbase there. I'll add one tomorrow and see how it goes.
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

Experiment #2. Attempted to modify an Air Field to produce fighters.
I changed the uBuildClassMask to 32384 (should enable all planes, just as a first step). Changed uBuildCap to 1.
Results: I'm able to select planes to be built at an air field however, they don't begin building. They remain in the queue.

Next, I changed virtually all of the stats for "Air Field" to be identical to those of "Aircraft Production", except for the SRSID and the results were the same. Frustrating.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

rogerbacon wrote:Experiment #2. Attempted to modify an Air Field to produce fighters.
I was suggesting you add an Air Base which has reserves capacity to your land/air unit fabrication facility. Fabrication facilities need reserve facilities in the same location to work.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Modding 1936”