No Loyalty Penalties

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

No Loyalty Penalties

Post by Kristijonas »

Could someone mod this, please?
There is apparently some kind of a voodoo way to do this that I don't understand: http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 63#p164396
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: No Loyalty Penalties

Post by way2co0l »

If I understand what they were saying correctly, they didn't make it so you could mod the loyalty penalty away. Rather, they've made it so you could mod hex loyalty from one region to another entirely. This would be useful for alternative timelines, or making it so that Yugoslavia's territory is loyal to it rather than to the minor states that it's eventually broken up into, or perhaps the loyalty for those smaller states could be set when an event kicks off to create them rather than being existent the whole time.

I'm not familiar with the mod process or whether you can use it on existing games or not, but my assumption is that you could mod the files so that you can specify certain territory that you'd like to be loyal to your region from future conquests. Say you're playing a small nation that goes on to conquer China, and of course you wouldn't have the room to produce enough in loyal hexes to supply all of that territory. If I'm correct in assuming you can create a modded event that fires for existing games, then you could go in, set all the hexes you'd want to convert loyalty over to your region, and it would then occur on the date you set for the event.

But again, I'm not familiar with the modding for this game so I could be misunderstanding.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

I want everyone not to suffer from any penalties :cry: If someone could mod this, I could finally find SR1936 playable (but only to the point when country territories are messed up and no new countries can possibly appear 8O )
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The only thing I can see being done now, is that you condition check for Yugoslavia dead, then change loyalty based on owner in that area. It would require a couple lines for each case of this. It is my intention to experiment with some of this for possible inclusion in the core game but have not had a chance to test it much yet. This was my thought when I asked George to create this type of event.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Modding 1936”