How do I find the Vichy France event?

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

How do I find the Vichy France event?

Post by Cdiplayer »

I was going to change the Vichy France event so that Vichy can form during an extended time frame and make the condition the ownership of Vichy and all the hexes that make up Vichy France, regardless of the country that does it. For example, If Spain invades southern France and captures Vichy then Vichy France forms. I'd probably want to put this in a custom scenario so can someone point me in the right direction towards doing that? Also, I want to add this flag in as well http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/f/fr-marpe.gif This would be the Vichy flag so that I can distinguish between France and Vichy France more easily.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: How do I find the Vichy France event?

Post by Balthagor »

for the flag, use flag# 520. Place it first position, fifth row of FLAGBITS3. I'll integrate it into our next update.

I'll look up the events later and offer a few pointers.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Balthagor wrote:for the flag, use flag# 520. Place it first position, fifth row of FLAGBITS3. I'll integrate it into our next update.

I'll look up the events later and offer a few pointers.
Thanks! :D Your help would be much appreciated.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

In SR1936.csv, filter column AI to "contains 1578" and you'll get about 150 lines that relate to the creation of Vichy. It's one of the more complex event sets.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Balthagor wrote:In SR1936.csv, filter column AI to "contains 1578" and you'll get about 150 lines that relate to the creation of Vichy. It's one of the more complex event sets.
Alright, I've been looking through the event and I have some questions about what exactly I should change. I don't want Vichy to be created when France falls, I just want it to be created when all the hexes belonging to it are occupied by a country at war with France and France is still alive. That means I should probably delete the part about the French government moving to Guangzhou right? I would also want to delete the lines involving France annexing colonies. I just want to split France's colonies between Vichy and Republican France.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

That sounds rather complicated. Perhaps if you could list exactly the conditions you want to exist at the moment Vichy becomes alive? And in what way do you want them alive? Currently I believe they are given territory based on battlezones.

Easiest way to start is set an event for day x that creates Vichy in the shape you want unconditionally. Then start adding conditions one at a time so you can test them.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

I want Vichy to come into existence within its historical borders following an attack on France by Spain, Portugal or Italy. The land that was historically under German military occupation will instead just remain Republican France. Once one of these forces reach and occupy the city of Vichy then Vichy France comes into existence. All the colonies that Vichy historically controlled at the start of 1941 will then switch to Vichy control. All of the colonies that Free France normally annexes after the fall of France instead remain colonies of France. France does not have to fall for Vichy to be created, the city of Vichy just has to be occupied. France and Vichy France will not be at war. Essentially I'm trying to partition France and its colonies.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Cdiplayer wrote:I want Vichy to come into existence within its historical borders following an attack on France by Spain, Portugal or Italy. The land that was historically under German military occupation will instead just remain Republican France. Once one of these forces reach and occupy the city of Vichy then Vichy France comes into existence. All the colonies that Vichy historically controlled at the start of 1941 will then switch to Vichy control. All of the colonies that Free France normally annexes after the fall of France instead remain colonies of France. France does not have to fall for Vichy to be created, the city of Vichy just has to be occupied. France and Vichy France will not be at war. Essentially I'm trying to partition France and its colonies.
You'd need 3 sets of events, one for each of Spain, Portugal and Italy.

Tell me if this is correct with Spain as the example;

If location Vichy ownership = Spain then all territory loyal to France owned by Spain transfer to Vichy.

Would Vichy be independent? Would it be at war with anyone? Would France's war status change?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Balthagor wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:I want Vichy to come into existence within its historical borders following an attack on France by Spain, Portugal or Italy. The land that was historically under German military occupation will instead just remain Republican France. Once one of these forces reach and occupy the city of Vichy then Vichy France comes into existence. All the colonies that Vichy historically controlled at the start of 1941 will then switch to Vichy control. All of the colonies that Free France normally annexes after the fall of France instead remain colonies of France. France does not have to fall for Vichy to be created, the city of Vichy just has to be occupied. France and Vichy France will not be at war. Essentially I'm trying to partition France and its colonies.
You'd need 3 sets of events, one for each of Spain, Portugal and Italy.

Tell me if this is correct with Spain as the example;

If location Vichy ownership = Spain then all territory loyal to France owned by Spain transfer to Vichy.

Would Vichy be independent? Would it be at war with anyone? Would France's war status change?
No, if Vichy ownership= Spain then all of the territory that historically belonged to Vichy France in WW2 automatically becomes part of Vichy, regardless of if it is owned by France or Spain. It would be independent and would own colonies and it would not be at war with anyone. France's war status would not change. It would still be at war with Spain.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Cdiplayer wrote:...regardless of if it is owned by France or Spain...
What if it's owned by Germany? Or China? Or the UK?

There is no event that checks "an area" for ownership, only one that checks individual hexes. I suggested loyalty because it's a quick way of differentiating the Spanish hexes you want to give to the region of Vichy vs. the Spanish hexes you don't want to give away. I don't think you want to manually transfer hex by hex.
Cdiplayer wrote:...all of the territory that historically belonged to Vichy France in WW2...
See when you say this you're describing an area in a way that the engine is unable to understand. You have to define it based on what the engine can do. I think the battlezones may have been drawn to help with this but you'll need to check.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Balthagor wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:...regardless of if it is owned by France or Spain...
What if it's owned by Germany? Or China? Or the UK?

There is no event that checks "an area" for ownership, only one that checks individual hexes. I suggested loyalty because it's a quick way of differentiating the Spanish hexes you want to give to the region of Vichy vs. the Spanish hexes you don't want to give away. I don't think you want to manually transfer hex by hex.
Cdiplayer wrote:...all of the territory that historically belonged to Vichy France in WW2...
See when you say this you're describing an area in a way that the engine is unable to understand. You have to define it based on what the engine can do. I think the battlezones may have been drawn to help with this but you'll need to check.
Okay it looks like battle zones would be the easiest way to go. The only issue is the Barcelona battle zone. I don't want the Spanish part of that battle zone to be given to Vichy France. Regarding your earlier loyalty statement, is there a way to limit that to battle zones? For example, all Spanish land loyal to France in x battle zone is transferred to Vichy?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

no, it can't be that precise. Perhaps you could give by battlezone to Vichy, then give back by loyalty to Spain.

If they are done on the same day, the player should only see the final land change.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Modding 1936”