Modding new units

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

moin
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Modding new units

Post by moin »

Hello everyone, can anyone of you guide me in how to make a new unit from SCRATCH. I tried to follow the supreme wiki guide but it just bounced off my head. Please help me.
SGTscuba
General

Re: Modding new units

Post by SGTscuba »

is this the model or just the stats and borrowing one of the current ingame models to represent it?
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
moin
Sergeant

Post by moin »

^^^ I want to create models by both methods...........Making my own 3d model will be great....
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Making 3d models is relatively easy for this game, provided you have the skills to make them. All you need is a model that has less than 700 polys and you only need the UV texture adding. You cannot use a smoothing map on the model and you don't need any other textures other than the UV with its coloured in texture.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
moin
Sergeant

Post by moin »

SGTscuba wrote:Making 3d models is relatively easy for this game, provided you have the skills to make them. All you need is a model that has less than 700 polys and you only need the UV texture adding. You cannot use a smoothing map on the model and you don't need any other textures other than the UV with its coloured in texture.

Can you help me from scratch to make a model.....Im not telling you to show me how to make new units at one go......Just ONE STEP PER DAY :-)

Return to “Modding 1936”