Modding Request

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

MikeRegan
Lieutenant

Modding Request

Post by MikeRegan »

This may be a lot to ask, but I will anyway. The Wiki instructions for creating a new campaign scenario really pertain to non-steam versions of SR 1936. Actually, they are for 2020 but appear close to what I want.
Does anyone have detailed instructions for adding a new mod. I have gotten as far as creating a new default.unit file with new units and characteristics. Even used to word "Nazi" in some of the German equipment that I've created. The next step is where I run into problems. I copied a scenario file in the Campaign folder and renamed it. After doing the appropriate editing (which is a little confusing since the info is on 2 lines and not separate lines like the instructions say), it does NOT appear as a choice in the menu.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Especially up-to-date modding instructions.

Much thanks.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Modding Request

Post by dax1 »

the supremewiki istructions are perfect

try use costum folder
Con forza ed ardimento
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

It will be a while before there are instructions to make custom campaigns. Most modders make them as custom scenarios instead.

We will try and expand the documentation, there are just lots of other things currently being worked on. The info should be complete for making custom scenarios.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MikeRegan
Lieutenant

Post by MikeRegan »

Ok thanks Chris. I've tried but just can't seem to get the program to recognize my new scenario. It doesn't show up on the list. I must be missing a comma or something in the scenario file. That's what is confusing in the instructions. But thanks and I'll wait till something is posted by someone that is more accurate.

Return to “Modding 1936”