Shattered World 1901 Mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aragos
General

Re: Shattered World 1901 Mod

Post by Aragos »

I did it on purpose; I was playing around trying to get the AI to be more warlike and I figured if I could have more neutrals, the more aggressive they would be.
number47
General
Human: Yes

Post by number47 »

Aragos wrote:I did it on purpose; I was playing around trying to get the AI to be more warlike and I figured if I could have more neutrals, the more aggressive they would be.
I thought, when I read it, that he meant you are missing representative of the red sphere...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I think what is happening is the red sphere rep (can't recall who it is, don't have the game in front of me at the moment) turns immediately neutral.

Yeah, need to fix that when I get the time.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Aragos wrote:I think what is happening is the red sphere rep (can't recall who it is, don't have the game in front of me at the moment) turns immediately neutral.

Yeah, need to fix that when I get the time.
I'm almost positive that sphere leaders can't change spheres which would mean something else is wrong (maybe leader died or you assigned country that isn't "activated" in that scenario) :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Could be. The main reason I did this mod in the first place (well, other than it being my fave 2020 scenario) was for others to use it as well. Once the framework was done (getting it to run) the rest is easy.
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

Hi. I just downloaded this and started playing. It seems I can't declare war on Hawaii for some reason. I press the big red button but nothing happens. Is the region dead? The flag has a small skull and crossbones overlaid on top of it and their treasury is -2,147,483,648M.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Sounds like some sort of weird bug has crept in. You should be able to DoW Hawaii, and it shouldn't have that kind of debt. Odd.
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

Are there any airplanes in this mod? I'm playing Japan, I'm about 5 game years in, I've researched lots of aviation tech but still I don't have a single airplane design. Are they just much farther down the tech tree or maybe a prerequisite tech was removed to eliminate airplanes?

Also, it appears the good people of central Florida have gone communist. St. Petersburg, Fl is named Leningrad. LOL. I'm guessing someone did a global find and replace. :)
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

rogerbacon wrote:Are there any airplanes in this mod? I'm playing Japan, I'm about 5 game years in, I've researched lots of aviation tech but still I don't have a single airplane design. Are they just much farther down the tech tree or maybe a prerequisite tech was removed to eliminate airplanes?
If your tech level started at 1 then you won't be able to see researchable designs (like planes) for a few years. Set your research efficiency spending to max and you'll advance your tech level by two years during each game year.
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

GreenGoblin wrote:
rogerbacon wrote:Are there any airplanes in this mod? I'm playing Japan, I'm about 5 game years in, I've researched lots of aviation tech but still I don't have a single airplane design. Are they just much farther down the tech tree or maybe a prerequisite tech was removed to eliminate airplanes?
If your tech level started at 1 then you won't be able to see researchable designs (like planes) for a few years. Set your research efficiency spending to max and you'll advance your tech level by two years during each game year.
I think its something more than that. I did some testing and no matter how much tech I acquired I never saw any airplane designs. Then, I started a new game, eliminated the tech requirements for the A5M fighter plane and right away I saw it as a researchable design on day one.
Nitrous Oxide
Lieutenant

Post by Nitrous Oxide »

Er, I get a hole where British Somaliland should be...

Also it's kind of silly to lump Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya into one unrecognizable mass... I could think of many better nations than those that could have been condensed to save region count... (like Somaliland...)

And flags? BelgiumLux could use one, and Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Volgograd all have the wrong (old) number. Last I checked, Volgograd is not India... Vietnam and Greater Malaysia were missing too iirc.
Rawhide
Warrant Officer

Post by Rawhide »

Will this work in Ultimate?
Rawhide
Warrant Officer

Post by Rawhide »

Rawhide wrote:Will this work in Ultimate?
Installed it into the Ultimate folder, seems to be working, or at least it started up fine. Thanks!
Rawhide
Warrant Officer

Post by Rawhide »

Rawhide wrote:
Rawhide wrote:Will this work in Ultimate?
Installed it into the Ultimate folder, seems to be working, or at least it started up fine. Thanks!
All the countries go Axis early on. Played it into the 1950's and not a single war on the planet. Quietest game of SR I've ever played. :lol:

Been tinkering around with the files trying to get more axis/allied aligned countries at the start, but I've never modded SR and it's just a tad confusing...
Draykor
Private

Post by Draykor »

Hello all!

I know this thread is most likely considered necro but I've been having some trouble with this mod and, since I have no idea how to mod, figured I would throw it these questions and see if anybody is out there.

So, I downloaded the mod and was having a great time as Ohio creating what the world would remember as the great "Empire of the Lakes". After a while, somewhere around 1950, I noticed I had yet to be able to research any US specific units.

So I did some research and found that I needed to add country codes. Which I do not know how to do. I did open the scenario file in notepad and saw nothing but ASCII so closed that right away and accepted that I did not know what I was doing.

Here are my questions.

Is there an updated version out there with all the States having the correct country code?
If not, what states do have the correct country codes?
If I need to add them, what should I open the file with and which file exactly do I need to open?
I am running SR Ultimate, does that make a difference?
And lastly, I also noticed it starts in 1930 not 1901. Is it possible I installed it incorrectly? I did follow all instructions in this thread (there were two sets, the second more detailed). Could somebody give a more thorough step by step as if I was a five year old?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”