Shattered World 1901 Mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aragos
General

Re: Shattered World 1901 Mod

Post by Aragos »

Rhaycen wrote:Near Luxemburg there is the big neutral patch, and in the middle of the United States, in the Nevada area there is a huge neutral area.

I'd have to study the map more closely to see if I'm missing any other areas.
Ok, that is Saarland; it was fixed on the most recent version.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Fistalis wrote:if you're using 1936 to cache it its likely that any of the NEW areas need to be assigned a nation. IE puzzle pieces they added specifically for 1936. These are likely to show up UN controlled until properly assigned or made their own independent nation. (I went through the same process when i converted it for CW)
Thanks. The issue was hitting the 255 countries mark once all the colonies, et al, are released. Once you hit that, basically the engine ignores the rest of the REGIONINCL file, which means large dead spaces.

In the newest patch, I combined some areas (all of North Africa, for example) to free up some country slots, which in turn fixed the problem.
Rhaycen
Major
Human: Yes

Post by Rhaycen »

I'd suggest joining up the 2 pieces of England (but leave Scotland & Wales on their own) and maybe put some of the bigger European nation back together as a single nations if you need to free up some more nation slots.

And if possible give more of the US states access to US units ...

Because of the lack of any major nations in Europe or otherwise Japan seems a bit overpowered. Since you're hitting the nation limit and splitting up Japan isn't really an option then maybe putting some nations back together might be a better option.

(France, Spain, Italy come to mind)

Getting rid of a separate Washington DC nation could free up a slot too, just put DC in with Virginia or Maryland and the the naval base/prison with Cuba ...

But I do realize that putting some nations back together goes against the whole shattered world bit a little, so feel free to ignore me there ... LoL
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

You def have an older file. Download the files again. I merged N. England and England, as well as Ireland/N Ireland, Scotland/Faeroes, et al. If you are still having problems, let me know and I'll re-verify the files tonight.

Good suggestions all. The US states should be able to research US units (they have the U code for units available, just like the former USSR states have R (Russian) code units). It may not be working properly, which will mean I need to re-jigger the files to add in national techs.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

I'm running your latest version, i think.

X901 Y 176 - 3 squares neutral

X860 Y 157 - about 10? squares neutral

Caribbean islands are UN protectorate... dunno if thats intended?

But dont' go updating because of those few things - this is really minor. Just for the next update... whenever ;-)
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Thanks Matt. Should be an easy fix.

Yep, the Carib, Atlantic, and Indian Ocean islands should be UN Mandate. Not enough slots to make them all independent.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Ok newest files posted. See first post for details.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

mattpilot wrote:I'm running your latest version, i think.

X901 Y 176 - 3 squares neutral

X860 Y 157 - about 10? squares neutral

Caribbean islands are UN protectorate... dunno if thats intended?

But dont' go updating because of those few things - this is really minor. Just for the next update... whenever ;-)
Fixed on the newest update. Just re-download the .SAV, REGIONINCL and .CVP files and it will work fine.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

but i don't wanna start over :-(

(thanks for the fix ;-))
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

Is it possible to make a mod that changes hex loyalty?

Perhaps a script that runs once a year that takes into account DAR and other factors (population density of hex as a negative effect) comes up with a % and every unloyal hex has a chance to 'flip' to the owners loyalty.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

hmm... not really sure how the sphere system works, but ...

Do sphere members fight each other? Because if not, we have a problem!

There is no allied sphere leader. Only a axis sphere. And for the first few years everyone stayed neutral, then suddenly in a very short time period there's like 200 axis spherelings. 37ish remain neutral, some axis leaning. None on the allied side.

Perhaps there needs to be a allied sphere leader to guarantee conflict longterm ?
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

There should be an Allied and Axis sphere leaders; it is in the files. When I get a chance, I'll check it out.

Has there been any AI fighting? Just in the few test games, the AI just seems to sit around. Same problem with SRCW--my bet is that BG changed the coding from SR2020, most likely the introduction of spheres.

I do know from Fistalis' SRCW SW mod, that it was nearly impossible to get Neutrals to fight each other.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

No fighting yet, but alliances are being formed.

I think its because 10 years into the game, just now regions are getting enough units to do stuff. My neighbors started moving units around my border now, but i doubt he'll attack despite having 81% war justification because he's only just as strong as me.

In the regular sandbox game (SR1936) if i use the same settings (high votil, diffulcty settings, etc..) but start WITH units, the AI starts random wars rather quickly (USSR vs UK, ITALY vs GERMANY, etc..) so i'm confident the AI is capable of waging war. Just needs the resources.

But there definitely is no allied sphere leader in my game at the moment.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I'll check that. There should be. I'm thinking about making the sphere leaders generally small, weak countries (like Arkansas for Blue, and one of the 'Stans for Red) that are widely separated. The question becomes whether they will fight or not.

good point on national unit strengths. That is a big driving force whether a country will go to war or not.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

I"m assuming the hex loyalty thing a few posts up by me is not possible?

Would it be possible for you to disable the reduced production effects of hex loyalty in your mod?

It being a shattered world with the entire premise of the situation to blob and form greater nations, its ridiculous game design to have to basically scrap all facilities in the newly conquered region and rebuild them in your own loyal hexes just for them to be efficient and worthwhile. Just ruins it kinda :/ ... I can understand this game design in SR1936 as the war only lasts 5 years and there's no point for the player to maximize efficiency, but for those playing the economy game, especially from 1930 onward, it just irks me :/

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”