Shattered World 1901 Mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aragos
General

Re: Shattered World 1901 Mod

Post by Aragos »

Make sure the REGIONINCL file is in the Custom\SW folder. If you can't see the countries, that means it isn't loading that specific file.
Jacklax100
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by Jacklax100 »

Aragos wrote:Make sure the REGIONINCL file is in the Custom\SW folder. If you can't see the countries, that means it isn't loading that specific file.
Ok I am confused, when I go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Supreme Ruler 1936\Custom nothing shows up. Is that ok? If not what should I do?
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

All the files, except for the SCENARIO file, should go into a folder inside the CUSTOM folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Supreme Ruler 1936\Custom

Copy the SW folder from the link and drop it under the CUSTOM folder. You should have a folder then labeled SW under CUSTOM.

Copy the SCENARIO file and the SW.csv files to the SANDBOX folder.

When you load the game, go to SANDBOX. It should be at the bottom of the list.

Hope that helps!
magiclight
Warrant Officer

Post by magiclight »

At first the countries didn't show up for me neither, the problem was I had no SW folder under custom.
As soon as I added that folder it was all clockwork.

Another thing that didn't work was when I dragged the custom mod folder INTO the custom game folder.
It did not like that, but bringing the files up one level and.. perfection. (I had a 'custom' folder inside another custom folder in the game dir)

All in all this mod had a smooth to installation compared to that independent colonies, which I never got working.
Many thanks for creating this, I had fun :)

Regards,
Magic
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Glad to hear it worked out Magic. Independent Colonies should be fairly easy--just remove the code for the PARENTREGION. The trick is not to get in extra spaces :)

Aragos
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

The part that confused me about installing it was somehow getting the files from your google drive. I'm not a pro in using that thing ;-)

I eventually figured out how to download all files as a zip, but it took a few minutes.

Btw- runs good sofar ;-) thanks
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Thanks, glad you could get it to work.

I haven't tested it out--just a couple of years. I do know it is VERY hard to make it as a small start country. That is why I did the preset as Arkansas--if you can pull that one off, good luck ;)
Deca.Death
Warrant Officer

Post by Deca.Death »

Not sure if its just my problem, but the flags are wrong for the Russian countries and some asian countries like Vietnam, all the flags are in the game folder but they are wrongly assigned :cry:
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

I did okay as Georgia, but there are huge swats of UN controlled land all over the place which sometimes makes things a little annoying.

And I don't understand enough of the modding yet to mess about with it on my own :)

So far so good though.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Deca.Death wrote:Not sure if its just my problem, but the flags are wrong for the Russian countries and some asian countries like Vietnam, all the flags are in the game folder but they are wrongly assigned :cry:
Flags should be ok. Odd.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Rhaycen wrote:I did okay as Georgia, but there are huge swats of UN controlled land all over the place which sometimes makes things a little annoying.

And I don't understand enough of the modding yet to mess about with it on my own :)

So far so good though.
Hmm. The UN controlled stuff should only be things like Carib and Pacific islands. Where are they popping up for you?
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

Trieste had 2 squares as neutral (italy/yugo border)
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

Near Luxemburg there is the big neutral patch, and in the middle of the United States, in the Nevada area there is a huge neutral area.

I'd have to study the map more closely to see if I'm missing any other areas.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

if you're using 1936 to cache it its likely that any of the NEW areas need to be assigned a nation. IE puzzle pieces they added specifically for 1936. These are likely to show up UN controlled until properly assigned or made their own independent nation. (I went through the same process when i converted it for CW)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Rhaycen wrote:Near Luxemburg there is the big neutral patch, and in the middle of the United States, in the Nevada area there is a huge neutral area.

I'd have to study the map more closely to see if I'm missing any other areas.
I'll fix that. What happened is I must have hit the allowable # of countries limit. I thought I had patched that already with the newest fix, but I'll re-check.

What is the date of the files you downloaded? I know one early version had the problem with large swaths of unoccupied territory.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”