Shattered world mod?

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

mattpilot
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Shattered world mod?

Post by mattpilot »

wooot. eta? ;-)
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Still working on it. :)

Balt (or anyone): Is there a Max number of countries in the game? I am apparently hitting a country number limit. The REGIONINCL isn't loading past a certain number when I add in the UN Protectorate countries as independent nations; it doesn't work if grouped either.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

yes, 255.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Hmm. Anything above 195 isn't loading. No idea why. When I deleted the regions I added (the ones under the UN Protectorate/3099), it loaded the other regions...but only up to 195.

Any setting anywhere I'm missing?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

255 includes colonies and kept regions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Ok. I tried to ditch all the colonies (with a few exceptions, like the Turkish Strait and Suez). I'll check the numbers again and see what I can do.

Any reason that the UN Protectorate shouldn't be working?

All: I should post an initial 1.0 of the scenario (for Sandbox) tonight. Seems to function well so far, but no guarantees on long term play! I've run it for about 2 years without a crash so far.

Balt--quick question on Tech. If a country has a Tech level of 1 (meaning 1901), I'm assuming that tech development should progress normally--I think the first ones available are a basic Power Grid tech, then Industrialization, and so on. My concern is that there is a 'baseline' of tech that all countries in SR36 start with that is not actually researchable, and without it there is no real tech progression.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The tech level is now used almost solely to filter obsolete units. Setting it to 1 should be fine. No one will know anything unless you assign known techs/known designs in the CVP.

If they economies are too small, it will take them a long to complete single projects.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Cool. Other than the OOB (the mod has to be played w/o units at start or it crashes--haven't squashed the bug yet) it should be posted later today. Need it get it finished before the weekend; I owe Armchair General a review of SR36 and have to finish it this weekend :)
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

OK folks, here it is:
https://drive.google.com/?tab=Xo&authus ... U4tR0RjME0

How to install:
This is not zipped, etc., so you probably should be a bit familiar with how the SR series stores files.

1. Go to your Steam directory for SR36. Normally this is Local Disk C:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler 1936.
2. Copy and drop the folders from the above link into this directory. It should not "overwrite" any files.
3. The mod should be ready to go. Load up Sr36.
4. Go to Single Player, then Sandbox. There should be a SW36 at the bottom. I personally call it "Shattered World 1901" because that is when you start.

Some words of warning:

1. DO NOT attempt to load this with units. It will crash. Check the box on the start screen "Start Game Without Units" (should be middle icon for game settings).
2. This started out using Fistalis' SRCW port for SW from SR2020. A lot of modding, et al later, but hat tip to Fistalis. :)
3. No guarantees of weirdness or crashes. I've ran it for 2 years and it seems stable.
4. Some areas/countries don't exist, etc. Yeah, I know. Trying to figure out a way to make them work, but there is a country limit.
5. There are no events. There are no special country-only units or techs at start. Most nations should be able to build their historical/ethnic/regional forces (ex: Arkansas can build USA units, Ukraine builds Russian units, etc.).

Game Play

1. Every one starts the same. No units, Tech level 1 (1901). However, the SR36 game is alive in this mod. So expect plenty of partisans, etc. if you invade right off the bat. And they are VERY hard to defeat with nothing more than Cavalry or Militia.

2. No guarantees that the world will be aggressive. I expect once the AI builds enough forces it will go rampaging.

3. This is an amazing ahistorical mod. So, no lectures on how Virginia would never ally with Bulgaria. :)

Enjoy!

Return to “Modding 1936”