Changing borders, loyalty, population, governments, etc.

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Jacklax100
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Changing borders, loyalty, population, governments, etc.

Post by Jacklax100 »

Hi, I want to create a mod in which Ireland conquered England. In other words, Cromwell didn't commit genocide against the Irish in the 17th century, Ireland holds the entire island of Ireland and Scotland while England only controls England and Wales, England is 1/10th as populated as it is, Ireland is 10 times more populated than it is, the international relations and allegiances are switched (example: in the game the relationship between Ireland and Canada are "cold" but in this mod the Anglo-Canadian relationship is "cold"), the military, technological, and economic might are switched, and Ireland has all of England's colonies. I would also like to change the government of Ireland to a monarchy, change Ireland's name to the "Kingdom of Ireland", change the flag of Ireland (I have the flag in my files),change the loyalty of Northern Ireland to Irish loyalty, and all events that effect England would have the new Kingdom of Ireland take it's place. I am completely new to moding so I need lots of help with this. Thank you.
gevans
Warrant Officer

Re: Changing borders, loyalty, population, governments, etc.

Post by gevans »

The only way to change loyalty I know of is to incorporate one country into another.
For instance.........if you want to make Mexico part of the U.S. just make the changes in the CVP file in maps by adding Mexico's country number to the U.S grouping, redo the cache and presto.......Mexicans are now loyal Americans.

No more border problems.......lol.
gevans
Warrant Officer

Post by gevans »

To add to this.......

While in many cases changing a countries owner in the cvp file also changes the loyalty to the new owner there are also cases where this does not work.

Like for instance I can not change the loyalty of Manchukou to Japanese when I add it to Japan.

So.......there is something else I don't know about that also effects a country's loyalty.

Balthagor or one of the other developers can tell us very quickly so we don't have to guess.

So Balthagor ( or someone else ) .............which other way can you change a country's loyalty ?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any others.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:Off the top of my head, I can't think of any others.
while balt is correct this is the only way.. check the keep region tag and others like it in the .cvp there are some of these that work like switches and will maintain the loyalty even if added to another nation.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
gevans
Warrant Officer

Post by gevans »

What you said Fistalis gave me an idea.....

But it failed too.
I don't think this is in the cvp file.

I'm surprised the dev's don't know what does this........after all they wrote it.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Just don't include it in ".regionincl or what is it called" file. Example: add France to Germany as part of Germany AND don't include France in .regioninclude file. Haven't done it in a long time but it should work...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

gevans wrote:...I'm surprised the dev's don't know what does this........after all they wrote it.
We use tools that are unreleased so my instructions for doing this wouldn't help you. We help the modding community as much as we can.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jacklax100
Lieutenant

Post by Jacklax100 »

gevans wrote:The only way to change loyalty I know of is to incorporate one country into another.
For instance.........if you want to make Mexico part of the U.S. just make the changes in the CVP file in maps by adding Mexico's country number to the U.S grouping, redo the cache and presto.......Mexicans are now loyal Americans.

No more border problems.......lol.
I am a modding noob and I don't understand what to do. Can you please give me specific instructions on how to add Northern Ireland to Ireland's control? Thank you.

Return to “Modding 1936”