Supreme Ruler 1912?

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Supreme Ruler 1912?

Post by Cdiplayer »

This is merely an idea but has anyone ever considered a WW1 era mod for Supreme Ruler? Especially now that 1936 is out it seems that a mod starting in 1912 would be the perfect thing to do. Although this would probably take a lot of custom modeling (WW1 triplanes, tanks, dreadnoughts, artillery, etc.) but if finished it could certainly be really cool. The only really difficult part would be modding in all the weird stuff that happened after WW1 like the Russian civil war, all the tiny states that popped up all over eastern Europe, the breakup of the Ottoman Empire, etc.
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Re: Supreme Ruler 1912?

Post by Thumboy »

I too was thinking about this...

Another problem is the limits on how you can edit borders. The borders were very different in World War One than in World War Two...

For example, the Polish corridor was part of Germany, so was Alsace Lorraine and an area in Eastern Belgium and North Schleswig. South Tyrol belonged to Austria ect. Much of the Middle East except the hinterland of Arabia was part of the Ottoman Empire. An area of north East Turkey was part of Russia.....so many changes, it would be hard to sort it out....
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Not to mention the meshes, how many new ones have been made and released for any of the games in total? Fistallis did some texturing and exchanged a gun for another on the infantry model, but besides that who else has ever made any and released them?

Its not impossible, but it'll be a lot of hard work just to get new models, although you wouldn't have to worry much about the land units, only air and naval.

You could reskin some of the planes though, there are some WW1 era ones at the beginning of the game (biplanes) so you might not need to make any new meshes if you aren't too bothered about individual units.

Note - I too would like to see this
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
S.R.L1234
Warrant Officer

Post by S.R.L1234 »

I thought about this too. How would you Change the Borders, flags, Tech, and time? What kind of Programs would be used? :)
AllCanadianReject
Corporal

Post by AllCanadianReject »

Considering 1936 starts three years before WWII, I'd rather see Supreme Ruler 1910. It's one more year and it allows for more time to build up. Also it's a more round number.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

S.R.L1234 wrote:I thought about this too. How would you Change the Borders, flags, Tech, and time? What kind of Programs would be used? :)
Note pad, Supreme wiki and A decent paint program is about all you need to change all those things. For meshes add blender as well. It would be a huge undertaking but as far as programs needed.. not many.

The biggest downside to ANY time change is roads/railroads that are default on the map. since IIRC those are part of the map.x which is not accessible to modders. (if not for that I likely would have actually finished my Ancient world mod for CW)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

SR 1912 can just be the next installment for the series ... ;)
SR 1850 after that ...

until we're fighting with sticks and stones in SR 4000BC ...

Return to “Modding 1936”