End of an Era II

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Hullu Hevonen
General

End of an Era II

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

This is an mod based on the original End of an Era :wink: .

Intro
This mod starts on 31th December 1991, The Soviet Union has collapsed, there is allot of tension in the air around the world. As Europe is armed to the teeth and much of the world still having large conscript armies combined with the tensions that erupted during the late 80's and early 90's, there may be some interesting game play ahead. The mod introduces 'true' frontal warfare and large infantry battles :wink: . There's also a scenario where all hell brakes lose into a WWIII :-) .

Main Features that will be included
- Sandbox and Scenarios
End of an Era - The main campaign, the campaign starts at the end of 1991, made to be as real world as possible. USSR has disintegrated, there's tension in some parts of the world.
End of an Era Inf Free - Same as above, except for not starting with infantry
World War III - Well, all hell brakes lose when the west decides to launch an suprise war against the disintagrating east, though Moscow manages to gather a coalition of eastern nations and World War III is born.
World War III Inf Free - Same as above, except for not starting with infantry

- Multiplayer Campaign(s)
End of an Era
End of an Era Inf Free
World War III
World War III Inf Free

-Other
New hundreds of units, tech, leaders, thousands of events among MUCH more :-)

Community and other stuff
Mod forums - The place where most news, AARs, Future Livestreams, Development among other stuff will pop-up :-) . Also the easiest way to report mod specific bugs and discuss changes is here :wink:
End of an Era II on moddb
End of an Era II on indiedb

Downloads
-v2.0.81

Anything worth to note?
-Game is laggy, it's due to all the huge armies, combat going on around the globe and it's by design :-)
Last edited by Hullu Hevonen on Feb 26 2015, edited 9 times in total.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: End of an Era II

Post by Fistalis »

slacker i've already got an alpha version of modern world up :lol:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Got my alpha ready, but there's stuff I still want to do before release :wink:
Happy Linux user!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Got my alpha ready, but there's stuff I still want to do before release :wink:
Lol well my alpha will be bringing it to the level the cold war version is.. beta+ will be when they give us access to the new goodies. The event system changes are giving me issues but once I sort that out I should be at beta level.
Edit: I wanted to point out that they put the title in the splash screen this time.. so I can hijack the menu screen and leave the splash screen to give them their props. :lol: (or vice versa)

Edit2: Poor BG they still trying to fix the game and were looking for ways to break it :lol:
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Yeah, I got the map, events etc down already, I want to focus on testing graphics, possibly adding new content etc, possible bug fixing :P ... Already working on the menu screen, though I have no text yet :cry: :P
EDIT: Plus my version numbering accounts for 'fullversions' in it's iteration, so alpha beta first full would all be 2.0.x something which I don't like :evil: :lol:
Happy Linux user!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Yeah, I got the map, events etc down already, I want to focus on testing graphics, possibly adding new content etc, possible bug fixing :P ... Already working on the menu screen, though I have no text yet :cry: :P
EDIT: Plus my version numbering accounts for 'fullversions' in it's iteration, so alpha beta first full would all be 2.0.x something which I don't like :evil: :lol:
Oh just a HEADS up.. you might have figured this out already but you CAN use the MAPX from CW.. but RUbber = water if you do.

as to version numbers.. i just released 0.01 :wink: (final version is always 1.0)
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Fistalis wrote:
Hullu Hevonen wrote:Yeah, I got the map, events etc down already, I want to focus on testing graphics, possibly adding new content etc, possible bug fixing :P ... Already working on the menu screen, though I have no text yet :cry: :P
Oh just a HEADS up.. you might have figured this out already but you CAN use the MAPX from CW.. but RUbber = water if you do.
Yup, have to edit the symbol back to water though , but that could cause confusion among player wanting to switch playing a mod or vanilla... Wonder if BG would give us tools to edit the map somehow or if they could do something about it.. :-)
Happy Linux user!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
Yup, have to edit the symbol back to water though , but that could cause confusion among player wanting to switch playing a mod or vanilla... Wonder if BG would give us tools to edit the map somehow or if they could do something about it.. :-)
Something I've been kinda of poking at balt about... you bug him 2 and maybe we get a way to change it without overriding vanilla. :D

Wish they would use the LAST open slot for water
Last edited by Fistalis on Dec 09 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Good idea :D *going on poking mission*
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Conversion process is complete, plus I added some new stuff :D

Download v2.0.81

Chabgelog for 2.0.81:
-Mod based on End of an Era v1.13.931 from Supreme Ruler Cold War
-Added an Infantry Free version of World War III scenario
-Made an event surrounding the Checkoslovak brakeup
-Gave Syria some T-62M 125mm and reduced T-62
-Reworked the Naval ships build times, now they will be based upon their displacement
-Game certain units of certain countries starting exp
-Game countries country specific supply trucks
-Modified and added units
-Fixed a leaderbug
-Remade the mainmenu screen
-Remade artillery ranges
-Added and modded some tech
-Converted events
-Converted databases
-Converted the .cvp
-Copied the map file from coldwar
-Converted the newsitems
-Scraped the Early Apocalypse from End of an Era I
-Scraped Skynet

Find any mod related bugs, let me know :-)
Happy Linux user!
MikeRegan
Lieutenant

Post by MikeRegan »

OK, stupid question. Running 1936 from Steam. Have a savegame folder under USERS but can't figure where to save your mod at. Can you help?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Not a stupid question, you..
1. right click Supreme Ruler 1936 on steam library and select properties -> local files tab
2. Hit browse local files, jump one folder up(in windows 8 it's called "up to")
2b.(optional) You might want to back up your game by copying it and pasting it to your selected place
3. Paste the extracted mod here
Another way you could go do it is
go to your SteamLibrary\steamapps\common

:-)
Happy Linux user!
MikeRegan
Lieutenant

Post by MikeRegan »

Wow, I must be one dumb dodo. Can't figure it out. Will research the site to figure out my mistake. Thank you.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Pm me if you dont figure it out :)
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

End of an Era II went live on moddb! And also go check out the mod's forums :wink:
Happy Linux user!

Return to “Modding 1936”