Modern World 1936 V0.03

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Modern World 1936 V0.03

Post by Fistalis »

Basic playable conversion...
Major things to note. Some of my meshes aren't properly converted so the odd infantry that looks like an APC rather than the proper camo may pop up.

Rubber is being produced by cities in small amounts like water was in CW. Until I find some concrete info on Natural AND synthetic rubber production in the modern world it will stay like this. (or figure out a way to revert it back to water for this mod)

AKA Rubber IS water at this point in the game.. its just called Rubber. Rubber plantations can be built in the Water locations from SRCW.. and rubber is considered water for all economic purposes. (civilian use etc)

Minimal testing has been done.. and this is an ALPHA version of a mod for a BETA game. Any issues you can't reproduce in the vanilla game report to ME here(or preferably on my forums since threads like this end up so long stuff gets buried). Don't need to confuse BG with issues caused by my mods ESPECIALLY at this state in the beta.

Link

Standard Install. Unzip to your folder with the SR1936.exe in it and allow overrides. Generally for now I personally suggest you Copy the complete 1936 folder from the steam apps folder into a new location and use THAT copy of the install for my mod so you can test on pure vanilla without my mod getting in the way.

MANY things are not implemented (GUI mods such as sats, the older techs added for 1936 etc) but again this is a playable ALPHA state of the mod.

Not all events are triggering properly so some nations will start at war that shouldn't for example Israel/palistine. There are MANY setup events are not working properly but it is playable in the most basic of forms.

I do want to add that now that the game is optimized for higher resolutions the high res pics I used for most leaders really look much better.

When it gets to a beta release state it will be added to the download section of my website.. for now its forum link downloads only.

Edit: Feel free to report the broken things even though chances are I know its broken I just haven't fixed it yet. :wink:

V.02
Redid events files so the game should be setup much more closely to 0.85 of the CW version. Meshes etc still bugged.
V.03
[0.03 Released. Rebel factions are now fully functional However the new Event code causes peace when it fires so 0.04 will see events to get the rebels back to fighting. ::)

Some rebel factions may still be missing forces they should have due to a change in the way the events are coded. FARC is the only one I saw for sure, but that will get a fix in 0.04 as well.
Last edited by Fistalis on Jun 10 2014, edited 7 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Perica
Corporal

Re: Modern World 1936 V0.01

Post by Perica »

thx very much dude, as soon as i find time i will try your mode and report bugs. you and hullu are doing epic job. hey if u need help i might find some time over holidays to help you, i did some modding in EU3 and HOI but im not sure that this is easy as that, maybe i can help u by gathering data, i know a lot about military of balkan countrys and some about other countrys?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Modern World 1936 V0.02

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Note ALL rebel factions are considered dead and cannot be traded with unless you play them. No idea how to fix this til BG gets around to giving me the event code to revive an AI nation.
If I understand you correctly, couldn't you regurally launch the event 18 and technically remake them independent? Haven't myself tested this though since I haven't come across this issue. EDIT: and give them some territory
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Fistalis
General

Re: Modern World 1936 V0.02

Post by Fistalis »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:
Note ALL rebel factions are considered dead and cannot be traded with unless you play them. No idea how to fix this til BG gets around to giving me the event code to revive an AI nation.
If I understand you correctly, couldn't you regurally launch the event 18 and technically remake them independent? Haven't myself tested this though since I haven't come across this issue. EDIT: and give them some territory
Yes but they would have to start as a colony which would make them unplayable. :wink:

Which leads me to this. http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 75&t=21925
Fistalis
General

Re: Modern World 1936 V0.03

Post by Fistalis »

0.04 Released
Rebel factions are now properly rebelling. :lol:
Relations tweaks.. never done but huge improvment.
The first 36 hours is now a staging period so wars etc may stop and start again or ceasfires may trigger etc as part of staging during that period. Also the first 36 hours may tick by kinda slow since theres something in the range of 3000 events firing off to set everything up.. lol
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: Rubber as Resource - Modern World 1936 V0.03

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Glad to see this....if rubber is still water...do you need accurate historical data on production areas, production centers, etc?

I had advocated with BG that they should consider bauxite as a raw material.....with duralumin (aluminium / duraluminium) as a final production, as a component in the calculation of what goes into aircraft production, past Aircraft Tech 36 (#1554).

Both water and timber should have been replaced in SR-1936, as neither were ever in shortage in the generations thru 1960s.

Suppose this could go off-line on further use of raw material(s) if you want (other than what BG is prefers) - contact me at geminiad@whidbey.com if interested.
Fistalis
General

Re: Rubber as Resource - Modern World 1936 V0.03

Post by Fistalis »

geminif4ucorsair wrote:Glad to see this....if rubber is still water...do you need accurate historical data on production areas, production centers, etc?

I had advocated with BG that they should consider bauxite as a raw material.....with duralumin (aluminium / duraluminium) as a final production, as a component in the calculation of what goes into aircraft production, past Aircraft Tech 36 (#1554).

Both water and timber should have been replaced in SR-1936, as neither were ever in shortage in the generations thru 1960s.

Suppose this could go off-line on further use of raw material(s) if you want (other than what BG is prefers) - contact me at geminiad@whidbey.com if interested.
Actually used the CW map but not thinking removed the water facilities from the .OOF, which was a highly modified version of the one from 2020 so should contain them all when I revert to the old one should I choose to stick with water . Still debating whether to switch to rubber, or leave it as water and Mod the UI.. bleh. I welcome any input but for a better idea of my current map I'll be using you should check out the SR Cold war version of modern world.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

So...when ya doing Shattered World 36? :D
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Aragos wrote:So...when ya doing Shattered World 36? :D
Well the issue of ALL the conversions right now is the Rubber/water switch. I either have to redesign the UI and replace rubber with water or I have to get some modernish info on rubber production and add a ton of facilities to the map. Either of them is a HUGE undertaking which to be honest I haven't had the motivation to touch. It's also the reason I haven't touched the modern world lately. TBH i'm contemplating just releasing my source files and let someone else take over modding for 1936.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I am going to go with water, if you want to cooperate on this remaking original files etc let me know :-)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Yeah---rubber and water don't come from the same places :)

If you go with water, you'll have to change industrial demands, etc. to edit out Rubber, and add in pop demands for water.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Aragos wrote:Yeah---rubber and water don't come from the same places :)

If you go with water, you'll have to change industrial demands, etc. to edit out Rubber, and add in pop demands for water.
Which means that people will need a seperate install just for the modern world. Problem is there are references to rubber everywhere its not just one small change in the UI its multiple areas.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Yeah, it would pretty have to be a 'from scratch' mod. A lot of work.
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

How does this compare to the SRCW one?
Do all the changes to the game make it very different or is it pretty similar in terms of what tends to happen?
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tofofnts wrote:How does this compare to the SRCW one?
Do all the changes to the game make it very different or is it pretty similar in terms of what tends to happen?
AI is a bit more agressive than in CW. Other than that theres the fact of many changes which i haven't adjusted for.. consider it an early alpha version of the mod. Matter of fact BG has been updating so much I can't even garuantee it works in the current build. It's worth noting that once the updates slow down and i can get a full grasp on getting the mod properly functioning in its current base form, the new event system has the potential for me to to completely change the dynamic of how the mod works. But until I figure out and solve some basic issues that'll have to wait.

That is to say right now the main focus (when i get back to updating this mod) is getting it to work properly in 1936 at the same level that it functions in CW right now. THen after that is achieved I can look into using the new event codes/systems etc to improve it in a way i could not in CW.

As of right now for pure playability and compatability i would suggest the CW version. Since as this sit right now it is in the earliest alpha on the grand scheme of things. (still havent figured out the question if i want to keep water or ditch it for rubber)

Return to “Modding 1936”