The Ottoman Republic, a modern world multiplayer AAR

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

The Ottoman Republic, a modern world multiplayer AAR

Post by Cdiplayer »

Well, I finally got enough friends together to play a worthwhile multiplayer game in Supreme Ruler 1936 in the modern world scenario. This game will be dominated by alliances that we agreed upon before the game. On one side is Turkey, Macedonia, Azerbaijan, and Albania. On the other side is Russia, Serbia, Greece and Armenia.
The year is 2014 and tensions in the Black Sea have increased following Russia's annexation of the Crimea. Due to the area's significant Muslim population it is decided by Turkey that this act of aggression cannot stand! Turkey mobilizes to reclaim the Crimea and teach Russia a lesson. The declaration of war catches Russia off guard, with the Turkish navy bombarding the coastline and troops landing within a few days. The Russian air force is scrambled in a vain attempt to prevent the fall of Crimea but, with land reinforcements slow to arrive, the air force can do nothing more than watch as Turkish troops advance on Sevastopol.
The Crimea is secured for Turkey in a quick, efficient operation. It is at this point that the Russian government expresses its frustration by convincing Armenian nationalists to seize control of the government and declare war on Turkey, promising a Black Sea coastline for Armenia after their victory. Azerbaijan, fearful of a growth in Armenian power, declares war on Armenia the next day. Apparently fearing Turkish expansionism, Cyprus declares war on Northern Cyprus. Greece then enters the conflict, declaring war on Turkey to prevent the fall of Cyprus to Turkish forces. This move isolates Greece from the international community and the majority of NATO cuts defense ties with Greece in response. Macedonia then declares war on Greece, hoping to capitalize on the chaos to seize Greek Macedonia. Similarly, Serbia takes advantage of the situation to declare war on Kosovo. Albania responds by pledging to defend Kosovo and moves troops in immediately.
At present, all governments have agreed to a brief ceasefire to acquire necessary supplies (such as pizza flavored potato chips). As Turkey, my general strategy for the war is going to be to sweep the southern front clean and then turn my attention back to the Russians. At present, the majority of my military is in Crimea and so I will need to rush them back to Istanbul to prepare for the Greek offensive. I am hoping that the Greeks decide to move against Macedonia first to give me time to gather my forces. I also have a small force stationed west of Ankara that I plan to send into Armenia. Immediately after that I will move those troops to Northern Cyprus to hopefully prevent the South from defeating the North. Once I have beaten back the Greeks I am hoping to send forces into Albania to aid them in their defense against Serbia if necessary. I think Kosovo will likely fall unfortunately. My thought about the Russian front is that it will take a significant amount of time for them to gather their forces together and fully mobilize and I think my navy can prevent any amphibious landings and defend Crimea. My only major concern is the Russian air force, if they can wear down my navy then I'm going to have problems.
number47
General

Re: The Ottoman Republic, a modern world multiplayer AAR

Post by number47 »

Wait, what mod are you guys playing? HUH
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

number47 wrote:Wait, what mod are you guys playing? HUH
Fistalis modern world mod lol.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Cdiplayer wrote:Fistalis modern world mod lol.
Meh, hoped it might be something else... :D
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Well, we continued our game and so far the war effort is definitely tipping in my favor :-). Turkish forces opened the war by moving into Macedonia through Bulgaria. from there they launched a joint offensive with Macedonian forces while NATO forces pushed into Greece from the Turkish border. The Greeks offered stiff resistance and pushed into Macedonia but were ultimately repelled as they were forced to divert forces to fight against NATO forces in the East. Turkish forces slowly advanced towards Thessaloniki where the majority of Greek forces had concentrated, hoping to turn Thessaloniki into an impenetrable fortress. After a fierce and prolonged siege Greek resistance finally collapsed and Thessaloniki fell along with all of Greek Macedonia. Turkish forces then prepared to land on Lemnos, an island defended by a sizable amount of Greek artillery. The Greek navy fought bravely but after heavy losses and missiles flying over Istanbul the Turkish navy triumphed and land forces conquered Lemnos. Amphibious landings then took place on the Dodecanese and all other Greek islands near Turkey.

Meanwhile, on the eastern front Armenian forces successfully encircled and destroyed the majority of the Azerbaijani army before advancing into Turkey. Fortunately this advance was stopped by an American expeditionary force of Abrams tanks that beat back the Armenians, seizing the capital and proclaiming Armenia as under temporary military administration. As the shells landed around him in all directions, the brave leader of Armenia made a daring escape in a private jet and landed in Great Britain to take up the position of Prime Minister. Great Britain immediately broke from the rest of NATO and declared that a Turkish advance on Athens would result in a declaration of war. Due to this threat Turkey and Macedonia agreed to a ceasefire with Greece. Greece realized it was in no position to regain the territories it had lost while Turkey and Macedonia realized they were in no condition to go to war with Great Britain.

By this time Serbian forces had launched a general offensive against Kosovo. Albanian forces fought valiantly but were ultimately unable to prevent the fall of Kosovo. The Serbian army then moved into northern Albania and readied themselves to take Tirana. The Turkish army moved to defend its steadfast ally Albania, expecting a difficult battle against the assembled Serbian forces. Turkish forces hit the Serbians hard and shocked the world by destroying 90% of Serbia's army in just 3 days. Serbia's military crumbled into nothing and the Turks advanced into Kosovo. Peace overtures were made, with Albania agreeing to annex Kosovo and in exchange allied forces would advance no further. The Serbian government responded to these demands by shelling Turkish forces in Kosovo and vowing to "fight to the death". With peace options exhausted, the Turkish army moved into Serbia and rapidly seized control of the country. All military facilities were destroyed and the capital of Belgrade surrounded before the Serbian government at long last surrendered, agreeing to Albania's annexation of Kosovo. Serbia was allowed to maintain its independence but was prohibited from building military facilities or maintaining a military.

Meanwhile, in the south, Northern Cyprus forces destroy the final pocket of resistance in the south and unify Cyprus under their rule. At this point the Russian Baltic fleet finally arrived and the Turkish navy, in spite of their great courage, were unable to defeat the numerically superior Russians. At this point it looked as though perhaps Russia would secure control of the seas and perhaps retake Crimea until a large American naval task force arrived and opened fire on the Russian fleet.The Americans swept the seas clean and assured Turkey's continued naval domination. Now it is essentially Russia versus my alliance. Thankfully, the Russian military leadership has been mindlessly obsessed with regaining Crimea before launching any operations against Turkey's allies. The only other thing he's done is throw the entire Russian air force at the American military in Eastern Turkey to try and prevent the fall of Armenia.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Good game...
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

The war has dragged into 2016, with Russia fighting against the alliance with constant air raids. Turkey's military capabilities continue to grow, in spite of the constant Russian bombing. In an attempt to gain access to Turkey's borders Russia signs an alliance with Iran. Iranian war planes begin flying over Turkey, violating Turkish air space on a daily basis. Aware that it is being encircled, Turkey begins building border fortifications and preparing for war with Iran. Attempts to negotiate a non aggression pact are rebuffed and so Turkey begins cooperation with Azerbaijan on the development of a war plan. It is decided that Azerbaijan will begin by declaring war on Iran in a seemingly suicidal charge against the enemy with its small military. As the Iranians advance into Azerbaijan Turkey will attack further south and cut off the Iranian army inside Azerbaijan. The Turkish army will then sweep north, crush the Iranian army, and quickly turn over Iranian Azerbaijan to the Republic of Azerbaijan. It is then hoped that a quick ceasefire agreement can be reached. Meanwhile, in the Balkans, intense Nationalist feelings have seized Macedonia and the recently defeated Greece. Greece declares that it will regain the lost lands and recover its national pride. It begins a rapid expansion of its military capabilities and starts a huge military buildup and modernization program with the help of Great Britain. Macedonia responds to this by beginning a military buildup of its own and likewise expanding its capabilities. Macedonia begins work on a naval port near the capital of Thessaloniki and starts to modernize with generous help from steadfast ally Turkey. Both countries also begin competing economically, with both frantically building industrial facilities and attempting to outpace each other in GDP growth. Macedonia formally allies itself with the United States and American fighter jets arrive soon after. Albania's economy struggles to catch up to the rest of the alliance due to a hesitance to invest heavily in industrial facilities, choosing instead to spend money on developing military ties with China.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Yup, this is the mod I'm playing! :-)
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

I would prefer a new map for SR2020, compatible with my mods. I could try to transform the modded files in SRCW form, to benefit from some useful things like space race and no tech level feature, but I dislike the map.

Fistali's mod descreption says that there is free syrian army. Is there any playable region? I suppose that they are based in kurdistan region but as I know kurdistan is not a playable region and not belonging to anyone. So how was this modded?

Is it possible in sr2020 to make kurdistan and palestine playable?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

georgios wrote:I would prefer a new map for SR2020, compatible with my mods. I could try to transform the modded files in SRCW form, to benefit from some useful things like space race and no tech level feature, but I dislike the map.

Fistali's mod descreption says that there is free syrian army. Is there any playable region? I suppose that they are based in kurdistan region but as I know kurdistan is not a playable region and not belonging to anyone. So how was this modded?

Is it possible in sr2020 to make kurdistan and palestine playable?
Will we have an opportunity to try your mods? I'm really curious.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Yes, tell me a destination and I will send you all the edited files.

Should I attach them in a post so anyone can download them?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

georgios wrote:Yes, tell me a destination and I will send you all the edited files.

Should I attach them in a post so anyone can download them?
Well, that's up to you. If you want others to play it, posting link would be a move in the right direction. I for one, would definitively like to try it out so you can post link to the files here or you can send it to me in pm (private message) if you still don't want to make it public.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

It would be a pleasure to be published but I don't know the procedure. I will try tonight to upload all files in a new thread. If it fails, I will post them to you, and you will put them in the proper place.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

the files are in the new thread "georgios mod"

You can forward them to the proper place for easy download.

Return to “After Action Reports”