The Ottoman Republic, a modern world multiplayer AAR

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: The Ottoman Republic, a modern world multiplayer AAR

Post by Cdiplayer »

The year is now 2018 and Turkey is preparing the first advanced Altay main battle tanks for the inevitable war with Iran. Russia has continued its air raids and is now producing PAK-FA T-50 stealth fighters to ensure its dominance of the skies. In response, Turkey has purchased JAS-39 Gripen fighter designs from Sweden and is developing its own stealth fighter, the F/A 2 Ghost. Turkey continues to expand its military capabilities as violations of Turkish airspace by Iranian warplanes become more and more common. Turkey and Iran are now engaged in a competitive military buildup with Iran building Zulfiqar 3 tanks "like sausages". Iran expands its building capabilities and so Turkey responds by expanding its own. As Iran's military grows Turkey responds. At present, the Turkish military is 497,000 strong, compared to the Iranian army of 483,000. Iran has also placed a significant number of troops along the border with Azerbaijan, causing the Azerbaijani President to remark that such actions are like "a knife pointed at Azerbaijan's throat". Meanwhile, in the Balkans, the Serbian President has realized that leading a nation which is prohibited from developing a military is rather boring so he quietly resigns and, through some brilliant plastic surgery, is able to become the leader of Bulgaria. Macedonia immediately responds by mobilizing its armed forces and threatening to "smash Bulgaria into the ground". The leader of Turkey quickly convenes a meeting between himself and the Macedonian and Bulgarian leaders. After intense negotiations an agreement is reached. Bulgaria agrees to leave NATO and join the alliance, Macedonian troops will march into Bulgarian Macedonia and annex it peacefully, after this Turkey will surrender Western Thrace to Bulgaria, giving Bulgaria an Aegean Sea coastline. This is the situation at present
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Figured I'd update on what finally happened with this game. Russia invaded Georgia and then poured their army into Turkey and smashed me. My alliance and I put up fierce resistance and started driving them back, even liberating almost all of Georgia and moving into the northern caucuses before Iran entered the war and then it was all over. So, the Russians won but only because of the help of a computer player, Iran.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

That is actually really nice, I quite like how Iranians took the opportunity. I would be satisfied with such a defeat :) Did you play to the end or simply quit when Iran declared war? Perhaps you could try and offer peace when half of Turkey is gone and then continue playing? That would be quite an interesting challenge!
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Kristijonas wrote:That is actually really nice, I quite like how Iranians took the opportunity. I would be satisfied with such a defeat :) Did you play to the end or simply quit when Iran declared war? Perhaps you could try and offer peace when half of Turkey is gone and then continue playing? That would be quite an interesting challenge!
I quit when the Iranians took Armenia because I was presented with a untenable choice, either continue fighting Russia and watch as the Iranians took over my country and cut me off inside Russia, or withdraw from Russia to beat back the Iranians and then lose to the Russians. Basically, I had barely enough troops to fight Russia or Iran, but not both. My allies couldn't help me either because they had to keep troops stationed on the border with Greece to keep them from entering the war. I've actually been thinking about going back and starting it up again to try and win. The only way I could win would be to seek mutual defense treaties with a bunch of middle eastern countries. I have friendly relations with almost the whole middle east so I could do it. The only problem is they haven't been building up like Iran has. The other issue is that the Arab country with the largest military is the FSA and they have almost entirely guerrilla units.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

So basicaly you haven't finished the game yet ;) Come on, there are still many options and don't be afraid to be defeated. As I've said, you can even try to accept a ****** peace offer if it comes to that. I'd retreat from Russia (maybe even attempt a peace with them) to fight Iran.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Kristijonas wrote:So basicaly you haven't finished the game yet ;) Come on, there are still many options and don't be afraid to be defeated. As I've said, you can even try to accept a ****** peace offer if it comes to that. I'd retreat from Russia (maybe even attempt a peace with them) to fight Iran.
The problem is, Russia is not a computer player. Russia is played by a friend of mine. He knows how weak I am so there is no way in hell he would ever accept a peace offer now. I offered him peace but he demanded Crimea, Georgia, Armenia, and The Dodecanese islands and he demanded that I break my treaties with Bulgaria, Albania and Macedonia and he demanded that I pay him 100 billion dollars in war reparations and sign a non aggression pact with him after he annexes the entire Ukraine. Plus, even if I accept peace with Iran they have an alliance with Russia so it doesn't help much.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Ouch. That changes everything indeed... How did you manage to beat down a player Russia in the first place?? Is it a skilled player? ;)
In your situation perhaps you could try focusing on Iran (trying to play defensively, losing as little units as possible) and continue to defend against Russia without a peace treaty. Defend ultra carefully against Russia, create huge garrisons everywhere and leave only a few units in the cities so they would have to fight for the land (basicaly you would just keep him occupied with this while you fight Iran.
Then while playing defensively against Iran, seek as many alliances as you can around yourself and Iran and try to fight them until they either accept a peace treaty or until you annex them (hopefully before Russia is in your capital). The chance of success is slim, but why not try? :) Even if you lose, it will be fair to the Russian player that you played to the end.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Kristijonas wrote:Ouch. That changes everything indeed... How did you manage to beat down a player Russia in the first place?? Is it a skilled player? ;)
In your situation perhaps you could try focusing on Iran (trying to play defensively, losing as little units as possible) and continue to defend against Russia without a peace treaty. Defend ultra carefully against Russia, create huge garrisons everywhere and leave only a few units in the cities so they would have to fight for the land (basicaly you would just keep him occupied with this while you fight Iran.
Then while playing defensively against Iran, seek as many alliances as you can around yourself and Iran and try to fight them until they either accept a peace treaty or until you annex them (hopefully before Russia is in your capital). The chance of success is slim, but why not try? :) Even if you lose, it will be fair to the Russian player that you played to the end.
Nah he isn't very skilled. He spent the first few years of the war just trying to get the Crimea back after I took it. Other than that all he did was launch air raids until I decided to get a full transit treaty and mutual defense treaty with Georgia. Then, once my troops started moving in, he attacked Georgia. Anyway, I'll see if he's available to play next weekend and then we'll finish our game.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Nice, can't wait to hear how it'll all go :-) So Georgia is still there alive and you have even taken some of the Russian lands? If you are really able to beat Iran, perhaps Russia is too beaten to actually do to much damage? If Georgia is alive, then that will be a great "natural barrier" for Russia to reach you.

Return to “After Action Reports”