Play-through 8.1.7 as China

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mikeownage
Colonel

Play-through 8.1.7 as China

Post by mikeownage »

Video shows how I deal with japan up until they request peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJNDNah ... e=youtu.be
stevehoos
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Play-through 8.1.7 as China

Post by stevehoos »

Japan is impotent, they need to expand to help their war effort but they don't. They also prefer not to send any units but infantry into Korea to help quell the Chinese. 3 land fabs is not going to get it done. Never seen them have success in any game I have played.
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

Oh ans one more thing I would like to add: Japan declared war on The US (I was the US) in my game tonight -new patch- and immediately offered a peace treaty, they are way too weak in this game. China was steamrolling them. Out of the 50 or so games I have never seen Japan do any expanding.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

stevehoos wrote:Oh ans one more thing I would like to add: Japan declared war on The US (I was the US) in my game tonight -new patch- and immediately offered a peace treaty, they are way too weak in this game. China was steamrolling them. Out of the 50 or so games I have never seen Japan do any expanding.
Have you got a savegame for this? If so, please zip and email. Ticket 20191 in the subject line please.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

Balthagor wrote:
stevehoos wrote:Oh ans one more thing I would like to add: Japan declared war on The US (I was the US) in my game tonight -new patch- and immediately offered a peace treaty, they are way too weak in this game. China was steamrolling them. Out of the 50 or so games I have never seen Japan do any expanding.
Have you got a savegame for this? If so, please zip and email. Ticket 20191 in the subject line please.
I sent a save game for this. The date in game is December 13th 1941, Japan offered a treaty to me (I am playing as the US) a day or so after December 7th 1941, hope it helps.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

stevehoos wrote:
Balthagor wrote:
I sent a save game for this. The date in game is December 13th 1941, Japan offered a treaty to me (I am playing as the US) a day or so after December 7th 1941, hope it helps.
He needs a save from before the event happened...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

^
|

Yeah, that. Got an autosave?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

Balthagor wrote:^
|

Yeah, that. Got an autosave?
Sent, should be auto save December 6th 1941.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

The Pearl Harbor then Peace is what I see in most of my USA games. Normally, Japan and the US have pretty good relations. The event forces war on 12/7/41, but the situation is normally so good between the two, that peace happens nearly immediately. Playing the USA, I can nearly always get great relations with all of the Axis--and most of the world--well before 1941.

With Japan, I usually sell them ALL my old stuff (Inf, Engs, etc.) and buy licenses for German and Japanese material, build it and send it to them.

That is normally the only way they take out China. Why?

...Easy. Japan takes out China, then DoW's the US in Dec. 1941. I 'liberate' China for the US afterwards. All those lovely populations, but no bad-boy for declaring war on China.

yeah, I'm a bastard when I play. If I could only beef up the Germans to the point they take out the UK, then the party starts.
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

The "Pearl Harbor then Peace" issue really kills the Pacific theater. I just wish Japan could be scripted to make a huge naval fleet at Truck Lagoon, then perhaps invade New Britain, maybe establish a big base at Rabaul? [_]OT :lol:
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

Bump? Japan declares war, then makes peace? There is almost never a pacific theater with the way Japan is working right now. They are too weak, they can't even deal with China much less fight on another front?

Any word on this issue?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

noted, but I haven't had time to investigate it yet.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

Balthagor wrote:noted, but I haven't had time to investigate it yet.
Thanks for the response! Wish I could help you guys :-)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I see some of the issues causing the relations to go out of balance. We'll be looking into it further.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “After Action Reports”