Poland 8.0.17

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Poland 8.0.17

Post by Ruges »

Well I started an AAR the other day as Poland. I made it all the way to January 1939. saved the game and then loged off for the night. I forgot the post the AAR. So I will try to explain what has happened.

I started with default settings. with the exception of turning off extended ranges and viewing. I also turned on bonds. I also did my normal start of disabling the AI from controlling anything. twitched my economy and research to the way I wanted to run it and started producing engineers.

I focused primarily on industrial complexes. and two area's of supply depots. with a couple coal power plants mixed in (I don't want to many of them because eventually I will have more power then I need). I then ran into manpower issues. So I instead focused on oil fields. all my oil fields are now producing oil. In late 1938 Germany began demanding territory from several bordering nations. In response we deployed several infantry units to the front line. we also put cavalry units at every road/rail border crossing. and began producing artillery and supply trucks.

China kicked Japans ass and took back the entire Asian continent. Italy has become an ally of Germany.

May 18, 1939
A German plane was spotted over Poland today. No action was taken.

May 27, 1939
A German plane was spotted over Poland today. A quick air battle ensued, no planes shot down. It is believed that we may need more AA capability, but it has not been decided if it should be air or land based.

July, 26, 1939
Germany has been sending planes over Poland territory every other week. And today our air efforts have paid off, we shot one down outside the city of Poznan.

September 1, 1939
WAR
Germany has declared war on Poland, along with German Slovak republic. With all the air incursions over the past 2 months I suspected that Germany would declare war. luckily our forces are in place. However are these forces enough to hold back the German army?

September 4, 1939
3 Polish officers walk into a bar. The first two sit down and begin taking shots of bourbon. The third one says knock that **** off and get back out there, they are going to make jokes of us unless we win this war.

As it stands right now, the war is not looking good. While we have not lost a single city. and we have a 4-1 kill ratio, and taken 3 cities. German forces keep pouring in. Our forces in the north had pressed to take Stolp which would have been an ideal defensive location. But after 2 days of not taking the city and German forces beginning to reinforce. the advance team was forced to retreat back to Gnask. An entire infantry team was lost. In central Poland, German forces made it all the way to Lodz. They bypassed my frontline troops and began assaulting lightly garrisoned cities. I was able to move a single artillery peace into place. which has held them off, but this is only day 4 and it does not look good. However with Germany moving into these areas of low supply, it could prove advantageous and easy kills.

France and the UK have joined the war against Germany. If France pushing into Germany. and me purchasing as many military goods as possible, maybe I hold on long enough for the German war machine to grind to a halt
Untitled.jpg
September 5, 1939
We have lost Gnask seaport.

September 15, 1939
The German blitzkrieg has finally stalled. They no longer meet there demand for oil. I have destroyed 135 of there units. France has destroyed 100 and the UK has killed 20. I have lost 33, France 143, UK 67. I have even gone as far as retaking Gnask, although it was with a single infantry (supported by ships) that could no longer be supported by the 7 per hex rule at the barracks where it was repairing. I suspect I wont hold it for long as the Germans are bound send forces down to recapture it. I have also taken 7 German cities in murmel. With the goal of reaching Swetly shipyards. And once this area is taken, it will free up 4 division for a possible push into Germany. Military goods are holding at a 2 month stock. Industrial goods have been strained, however with the capture of the German cities I have begun to dismantle there facilities to support my goods needs.
P2.jpg
September 17, 1939
WAR
USSR has declared war on Poland. NOOOOOOO.

I have no forces to defend against an attack from Russia. Thus a cease fire agreement was made.

October 22, 1939
The tides have turned for Poland and it is now on the offensive. Germany lacks all resources and its armies lie idle while Poland's forces march over them. However not even my stockpile is infinite. I only have about 30 days stock. but I feel the war with Germany should not last much longer.
Turning tides.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ruges
General

Re: Poland 8.0.17

Post by Ruges »

November 14, 1939
Poland surrounds Berlin.
Berlin.jpg
Hours later Poland captures the German capital. It was such a swift capture of the capital city that German garrison units began fighting for Poland.
Hitler fights for Poland.jpg
Canada see's the might of the Polish Army and offers an alliance. Poland accepts.

November 15, 1939
VICTORY
Germany Surrenders. Poland killed 519 units and lost 44. Poland annexed Germany. I am still at war with the Slovak republic and Bohemia. The war lasted less then a month and a half.
Germany Falls.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

November 17, 1939
VICTORY
Bohemia falls to Poland. because they where just a pawn of Germany it was decided we would not annex this nations. however because they did not offer peace when Germany fell, they have been made a colony instead.

November 22, 1939
VICTORY
Peace
Slovak Republic falls to Poland. They have also been made a Colony.

December 25, 1939
New Zealand offers an alliance with Poland. Poland accepts. Becouse of Russian aggression with Finland. Poland has offered mutual defense pacts with Lithuania Latvia and Estonia.

March 20, 1940
A spy operating for the USSR was captured today. The Polish military has begun to reinforce the Russian border.

December 30, 1940
Italy falls to France and UK

Jan 3, 1941
Albania falls to Greece.

May 19, 1941
Yugoslavia falls to Hungary.

July 22, 1941
Bulgaria falls to Greece

Jan 19, 1942
Indochina falls to China and Siam today.

April 18, 1942
Libya falls to Egypt
Thumboy
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by Thumboy »

This is very good well done :) please post a map of Poland after these conquests....
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Thumboy wrote:This is very good well done :) please post a map of Poland after these conquests....
Since there is a new version out I am going to start a new game.

Return to “After Action Reports”