AAR Japan

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: AAR Japan

Post by Cdiplayer »

Jakt80 wrote:I'm not so sure about that. After France fell, many colonies became part of Free French Forces, while some became vichy french colonies. None of them became German IIRC. Did Japan instantly control the colonies she was at war with when France fell irl?
They moved into French Indochina largely unopposed. They even allowed the French colonial regime to stay in power so long as they answered to the Japanese.
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

Cdiplayer wrote:
Jakt80 wrote:I'm not so sure about that. After France fell, many colonies became part of Free French Forces, while some became vichy french colonies. None of them became German IIRC. Did Japan instantly control the colonies she was at war with when France fell irl?
They moved into French Indochina largely unopposed. They even allowed the French colonial regime to stay in power so long as they answered to the Japanese.
Maybe it should depend on the MAR of the colony in question? But then, I'm uncertain if colonies can have an army. Only ever seen Syria have an army, and I'm not entirely sure how it came to be.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Jakt80 wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:
Maybe it should depend on the MAR of the colony in question? But then, I'm uncertain if colonies can have an army. Only ever seen Syria have an army, and I'm not entirely sure how it came to be.
Or perhaps a diplomatic option could be added to the diplomacy menu to sign a colonization treaty?
deadmeat1471
Warrant Officer

Post by deadmeat1471 »

Just make any colonies attached to the mother country cease to be colonies, if no one occupies them they will be new countries, but theyll have no forces of their own unless they get left to stew for abit, so most likely they would get occupied by someone else.(japan in this case)
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

deadmeat1471 wrote:Just make any colonies attached to the mother country cease to be colonies, if no one occupies them they will be new countries, but theyll have no forces of their own unless they get left to stew for abit, so most likely they would get occupied by someone else.(japan in this case)
This is my sentiment aswell, and what I thought happened aswell, until I noticed they're still colonies, except without parent. If you want it, take it. If you dont want it, then someone else will take it, otherwise it's liberation and freedom on a platter. Only question is what happens to military complexes in a colony that belonged to the parent. I haven't seen what happens atm, anyone who knows?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Are you guys going to repost some of these thoughts in a dev thread? They're going to get lost in this AAR...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

Did mention it under Playing as France issues in Issues and support (Steam early access), will copy the thoughts into there aswell.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

great, thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

deadmeat1471 wrote:Just make any colonies attached to the mother country cease to be colonies, if no one occupies them they will be new countries, but theyll have no forces of their own unless they get left to stew for abit, so most likely they would get occupied by someone else.(japan in this case)
This makes a lot of sense. Example: UK falls in 1941, and USA occupies UK colonies in North America. I think there were plans to do so by the US if the UK fell, to prevent the Germans from having bases close to the US.

Return to “After Action Reports”