AAR of 1936 SEA

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

AAR of 1936 SEA

Post by Ruges »

So we start off as Italy. Hmm have not played these guys before. Lets see what they have... Junk, Oh did I mention I hate this era, the weapons of war where just pooh. As for settings I left them all at default.

First things first lets look at my economy. made some adjustments of raising some taxes and lowering others, I went with the same style I use for 2020. Next up diplomacy, Now normally before I un-pause I go on a find allies route. However this being a campaign, lets see how it plays out, I am at war with Ethiopia, and allies of no one, I do have 4 colonies.

So we start off with my war in Africa. my units are fairly scattered, and I have no idea how strong they are against the enemy (can I rick-roll them with a single unit, or do I need 6 stacks all attacking 1 hex that has been bombed out already). So I focus my troops into 3 groups of units, Northern, Southwest, Southeast. Infantry on the front, arty in the back. Tanks setup to flank when needed, horse cavalry will setup in the south incase I get attacked from some angle I do not know about. Locked out minister control of all units and moved them into a start of a frontline force.

I would like to send more planes down to assist. However I do not have a transit agreement with the UK to go threw the Suez. (I thought Italy still had permission at this point in time, or was there some kinda non military clause?) I tried to make a treaty with them, but I know it will fail. I don't have any aircraft carriers so I cant bring them down around the bottom of Africa. Well war with the allies will come eventually, hope my current units are enough to win the war.

In Italy my units are setting up for WW2. ground units are stationing themselves on the northern border at key locations. the Navy is under reorganization. I am pulling them all to my SE coast, from there they will form 3 battlegroups. 1 to patrol the strait of gilbralter, two to patrol the mouth of the suez canal, and three will be to lock down all non itialian port cities.
Italy reorganize.jpg
The airforce is under no current orders, I don't want to move them yet as I fear the sudden movement of all my units may cause problems with supply. Research is simple, I only have 2 slots, but if I am to keep my war machine working, I will need a good ecomony. thusly I have begun research on improved power grid, and commercial refrigerant. Construction has also begun on 9 new coal powerplants.

Mar, 23, 36
A deal with Germany to supply them with all our patrol boats along with line of sight, and transit treaties has been enacted.
Italiano forces close in on the etheopian city of Dese, and should capture it easily enough.
(1936 suffers like all the SR game do in the anti ai domain, every unit has AA capabilities).

Apr 2, 36
Italiano forces are slowly moving into Ethiopia. Northern group has done the most work so far. Southern group has been waiting for SE group to catch up, however it appears now that lack of supply is going to keep SE from advancing more then a token distance (how the hell did Italy get planes down there in real life?). Southern army is order to move north and capture the territory up to Addis Abebba.
Italy reorganize.jpg
April 5, 36
We need supplies in Somolia. An unfavorable deal has been struck with Egypt. They give us air transit rights. we give them air transit rights, line of sight, and several blueprints. This will allow us to bring supply planes into the theatre to support our troops. We will also consider bringing down bombers.

Apr 10, 36
A C.V-E was shot down while gathering intel over Addis.

Apr 19, 36
Italiano forces have captured Shashemene. Northern army has halted and spread out to prevent AOE damage, and will wait for southern group to catch up. With the supply planes entering the AO, Southern group has been able to make a push north. It has also allowed SE group to advance and take its first city.
Eth2.jpg
Apr 22, 36
While moving several infantry in northern group to the west to help encompass the capital. they came under artillery fire. These units should have been out of range of artilary so, a scout unit was quickly sent forward to see what was shooting at me. Ethiopia had began moving units north and northwest of its capital. This left me with two options, fight or retreat. If we attack, Southern group would not be able to assist in time. If we fall back, northern army will be split up and take casualties doing so. The choice is to attack. the 3 bomber groups that have entered the AO are called into duty, 2 fighter bombers that where already stationed in the ao are called onto the front. Transport planes begin flying nonstop sorties. Southern groups transport planes are called to assist northern group.

Apr 23, 36
The industrial complex north of the city has been captured. Pressure is put onto the capital.

Apr 26, 36
Over the last couple of days there has been heavy fighting around the capital. The first two garrisons where keeping my units from attacking the arty they had stationed their.
(the 3 ground AAA there did nothing to my aircraft that where bombing them. infact two garrisons in a single city would do more damage).

Victory. 1 Tank and 3 infantry where lost in taking the city.
Ethopia falls2.jpg

Is this the end of this campaign? or will there be more objectives as time goes on?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: AAR of 1936 SEA

Post by Balthagor »

There will be more, but Italy didn't really do anything else noteworty till '39 when they go after Albania (which really is barely noteworthy).

We'll be working to fill the "dead air".
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

About the last screenshot. Doesn`t it look odd that a message titled "Success" regarding the Italian conquest of Abyssinia would be sent by the League of Nations?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Good point. There is a lot of review to do in terms of who sends what messages when and from where.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Ops forgot to post the info from my AAR last night before I went to bed.

Long story short: from 36-40 I was working on my economy. (there are so few supplies in the world, it really limits how quickly you can build up, but also damages other nations).

Example

Later on in 1940, Norway declared war on the defeated Germany.

Which brings me to June 1940. Looks like nuclear war happened before nuclear war was even invented
At the same time cease fires between the league of nations and France where broken 3 times. Maybe WW2 is still on. I am hoping to finish my new hydro power plants quickly, because by 1941 I plan on invading France, (can I liberate Germany?).

July 2 1940.
Looks like Norway was onto something. they knew the Germans where not dead. The Germans have infiltrated the French government and taken control, in the Vichy event. WW2 is back on. My orders are to attack Albania, however we have good relations and no CB on them. (do I do it anyways?). Or maybe I go up and help Germany clear out the UK, Since clearing out the UK would free up the entire NW front, so German armies can seek out other fronts.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I think the strat nuke event is a pre-set one; I had the same as USA.

Return to “After Action Reports”