Units being scrapped with high initiative

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Rosalis
Colonel
Human: Yes

Units being scrapped with high initiative

Post by Rosalis »

The only minister instuctions are, decrease social spending, increase revenues, inflation control, infrastucuture and law enforcement. I put my tanks on high intitative and minister descided to scrap my most modern tanks wwith lots of experience. Too bad i use those minister instructions for all regions, and then play a underdog. Now i understand why it was so easy.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Units being scrapped with high initiative

Post by Balthagor »

Do you have a savegame so we can confirm this actually happens? That's a pretty specific bug to go years without anyone noticing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

No, and it doesnt happen in my last save game. I quit the game when it happened. Didnt save for 6 hrs and poof modern tanks with lots of experience gone. I had 10 trillion treasury, 20 billion profit a day plus 2 billion more in trade. I saw it earlier tho, so if i notice it again i guess ill make a save.

What anyone else notice doesnt say anything to me. I feel like people are few thousand gameplay hrs away from my issues, but that doesnt say it can totally destroy any balance you might want to achieve.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Well, without a save to recreate the issue, there is no way to know if it's connected to minister priorities or to one of a million other things going on in a savegame. We need more info before we can start investigating this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Well, atleast you cant say its never reported before in the future. I knew i would need a save the moment i quit the game, but yeah i was pretty frustrated. I should have known before tho, i put them in a battlegroup to track them, since 90% of the time something goes wrong on high initiative, but yeah they went straight to reserves to get scrapped.
It amazes me that the game store every ROE of every unit tho, to end it positive. Its just nice to play another region and ROE being stored in all other regions.
CeaganP
BattleGoat Team

Post by CeaganP »

If you haven't started/quit another instance it should be the save file SaveOnQuit, when you quit the engine automatically creates a save. Just tested, I'm wrong. It's not in this version :( too bad
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Save on quit should be working...

And there are autosaves, default to every 7 game days using two alternating files.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Save on quit? You mean a confirmation of wanting to save before quiting? That doesnt exist in SRU. Also i dont see any file named like that.

I turned auto saves off because it confuses me playing multiple regions.

The way theatre works will prolly provide issues in galactic ruler, so i guess thats going to be improved, and my guess it also played a role here. Something the planet is infested with, make new rules while the old ones fade away.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Oh, right, save on quit is part of the new engine. I got confused.

By coincidence, we were talking about BZ and theaters today. Yes, they are changing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Rosalis wrote: Apr 12 2021 The only minister instuctions are, decrease social spending, increase revenues, inflation control, infrastucuture and law enforcement. I put my tanks on high intitative and minister descided to scrap my most modern tanks wwith lots of experience. Too bad i use those minister instructions for all regions, and then play a underdog. Now i understand why it was so easy.
tried this just at the start of the trumpraising(2018 me thinks) sandbox:

did also not produce any new units - just let the game run at fastest speed.
After some time around 20 of the almost 2000 units were scrapped (which one i cannot say) and then it stayed the same for almost a year - then i quitted it.
Maybe ill try it with a savegame thats already a few decades ahead.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Initiative on or off? What settings overall?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

-did not change any lobby options
-changed cabinet priorities as Rosalis wrote
-set unit initiative to highest levels
-deployed all units
-ran the game at fastest speed setting
watched the deployed/reserves number
did not found anything alarming - i guess i was expecting the abrams being scrapped - while ye olde pattons were refurbished
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Gut007
Private

Post by Gut007 »

Rosalis wrote: Apr 12 2021 The only minister instuctions are, decrease social spending, increase revenues, inflation control, infrastucuture and law enforcement. I put my tanks on high intitative and minister descided to scrap my most modern tanks wwith lots of experience. Too bad i use those minister instructions for all regions, and then play a underdog. Now i understand why it was so easy. reasons to play game
Do you have a savegame so we can confirm this actually happens?
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

I mean i could fabricate something.

There is a bug with Cuba, (ignored by devs till this day: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=32169), where you load Cuba, first playing as another region, it doesnt properly registrate you as a player. I could buy armata tanks and Cuba will scrap them. Not completely the same, but kinda the same issue.

Thanks evildari for confirming the issue. This confirms my believes that its a theatre issue too, even tho US is 1 country.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Rosalis wrote: May 05 2021...Thanks evildari for confirming the issue...
You should re-read his post;
evildari wrote: Apr 17 2021...did not found anything alarming...
This issue has not yet been confirmed.
Gut007 wrote: May 02 2021 Do you have a savegame so we can confirm this actually happens?
We have not be provided with a savegame related to this issue.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”