South Asian borders are wrong (repost)

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zome
Sergeant
Human: Yes

South Asian borders are wrong (repost)

Post by Zome »

I posted this 2 and a half years ago. I'm reposting this again for the attention of the devs.

Basically Kashmir is split into 3 military controlled areas which are
1. Pakistani military occupied Kashmir or Azad Kashmir (recognized by UN)
2. Indian military occupied Kashmir (also recognized by UN)
3. Chinese occupied Kashmir which include Aksai Chin and some Kashmiri lands that were gifted by Pakistan

This map is internationally recognized.
However India claims the entirety of Kashmir which is not internationally recognized and 2/3rd of the claims are controlled by Pakistan and China. I think that the ingame map is a common mistake made by a lot of people since the Kashmir situation is a bit complicated.

The second "mistake" is Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh is not complicated unlike Kashmir and should be easy to explain.
Arunachal Pradesh is also another disputed territory owned by India but claimed by China, and this is not recognized internationally.

So basically here's what India owns and what the UN uses to represent the country

What Pakistan Owns and what the UN uses to represent Pakistan

What China owns and the map UN uses to represent China

Most maps show territories of Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh as disputed and doesn't show what countries control them. So I guess that's where the mistake came from.

Iraq and Syria also have the ISIS region that do not have any loyalty! If you invade any of those countries you cannot release or puppet that annoying exclave.
Zome
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: South Asian borders are wrong (repost)

Post by Zome »

Return to “Issues and Support”