Bug: units are not sent to repair when they are controlled by minister

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Bug: units are not sent to repair when they are controlled by minister

Post by Balthagor »

Rosalis wrote: Sep 30 2021 Dang i thought i checked if it was the same theatre. I guess it shows how much i care about theatres and battlezones.
You can keep trying to find excuses, ignoring other examples, but i wont give up tho.
I'm not finding excuses, I tried to replicate what you said, did not find a problem, then you gave me incorrect information.
You need to share me the file so I can download it.
Rosalis wrote: Sep 30 2021 Click W2020 sandbox
click China
declare war on Kyrgyzstan
see most powerfull army in rl in the world get killed
I tried it and yes, got my ass handed to me, but you neglected to mention they start with a bunch of allies that mobilize for them. I'm going to try moving my army to the west of my country before I DOW. I did manage to find some damaged units on the front line. Told them to repair, they did so just fine, when to a barracks in the next BZ over. In my next test I'll see if I can get them to cross to BZs.

So far I cannot find a case of a unit that does not respond to a repair order. That's the claim I'm trying to prove/disprove.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Link shared.
Thats not the point tho. The point is they dont respond to the repair order when they are in the initial battlezone. Like i edited in my post. You can send all land units few weeks later and they will kill everything as long you got barrack at Changji. Now they got the problem.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

So this is actually a fun thing to test. Here's what I've done;
- Deploy all
- Military initiative
ch001.JPG
- Set hotspots mostly at the front, but single locations along the path in from Beijing so they'll keep rotating more troops towards the frontline
ch002.JPG
- Added rails, airfields, supply depots
ch003.JPG
- gave the AI time to reposition
- Declare war on Feb 15

I then take units off the hotspots and push them into combat, counting on the AI to refill my hotspots.
- Cut along the Kazak/Kyrgy border to reduce proxy reinforcements
ch004.JPG
- thanks to air initiative, my minister keeps cargo aircraft resupplying me from overhead
- The AI has also noticed I'm at war and have a front line...
ch005.JPG
That's 5 days into the war. More in a few minutes...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

- I pushed to reach a corner of the Tashkent BattleZone so that I'm 2 away from my barracks.
- I made a group of about 20 damaged units scattered over the area
ch006.JPG
- I turned of minister initiative, ordered all units to stop
- moved them to the same spot, picked a stack of all damaged
- issued a repair order
ch007.JPG
The units dropped the order soon after issued. Confirmed that they can't find a barracks from here. Arguably, we should also teach the AI to build barracks in far places if it can't capture one or doesn't have one. I should be able to replicate this test with SRNG at some point. I'll update the ticket.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Ok thats great. It has its advantages to prevent big blob regions occuring in the first year, but yeah its to gamey. And in my mod where i have lots of alliances like w2020 i just find big regions out of units the whole time, so i have to fix them manually and improving more infrastructure in my mod.

I agree that improving what we have now, is a good idea. Like in sr2020 it builded barracks, land fabrications, air. That helps to make it alot more competetive and i dont have to think am i exploiting the game. Also allies should get something to help them. Like if damaged go in defence mode where it just defend the capital or something untill its repaired. Also air transport should also supply allied units which it doesnt anymore.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Rosalis wrote: Sep 30 2021 ...Also air transport should also supply allied units which it doesnt anymore.
We're going way off topic, but I'm pretty sure that still works. Start a new thread if you think it doesn't.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Im up for the task, but yeah need some sleep and earn some money.

Return to “Issues and Support”