Lock button on social spending doesn't work. I need help

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

guaro15
Corporal
Human: Yes

Lock button on social spending doesn't work. I need help

Post by guaro15 »

Hello. I'd like to report that the lock button doesn't work when I try to lock my finance ministry from social spending he continues disproportionately raising it, it causes my domestic income to goes to negative, among other economic problems. Please I need help, it's very hard to manage the economy if the ai raise the social spending anyway, despite being locked from it. The version I run is the most recent available on Steam (9.5.2), this happens in all sandboxes and with all countries. I recorded the issue and uploaded it to GoogleDrive, you can access from the link below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aTthae ... sp=sharing
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Lock button on social spending doesn't work. I need help

Post by Balthagor »

When you lock spending, it's not the dollar amount you are locking, it is the percentage of taxation or level of social spending. If your economy is growing, the same percentage will represent a larger dollar amount every day even if the slider position doesn't change.

I just tested the lock in one of my savegames. I put spending to 100% and told my minister to decrease spending. Within a few days, spending started to drop. I reloaded the savegame, did the same but with the social spending locked. The slider did not change.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
guaro15
Corporal

Post by guaro15 »

Balthagor wrote: Aug 09 2020 When you lock spending, it's not the dollar amount you are locking, it is the percentage of taxation or level of social spending. If your economy is growing, the same percentage will represent a larger dollar amount every day even if the slider position doesn't change.

I just tested the lock in one of my savegames. I put spending to 100% and told my minister to decrease spending. Within a few days, spending started to drop. I reloaded the savegame, did the same but with the social spending locked. The slider did not change.
Yes you are right, after some test, I realized the issue was not the lock button because slide bar doesn't move. However, there is still an issue I found, this is the recommend social spend amount increase hugely, each program increase like 2-4 millions daily and up to 1000 millions yearly, making the current amount of all social programs increase up to 10 millions daily, even if the GDP/c is falling. I know it's logical in real life the amounts increase through the time, but from 5 to 10 millions daily, 2 millions in the better case, I think it's so much; I live in Venezuela and with everything and the crisis I don't think even here the costs increase like this. In SR2020 this happens too, but, the raise is more reasonable, like 1 million yearly and 80,000 daily.

My concern is this make the economy unmanageable, because it doesn't matter what you do your domestic income will fall into deficit anyway, and it will continues increasing, I can't concentrate on other projects like research or building because it make my deficit worst as I show in this recording I made. I ask you please review this. I left a link to a video with better quality below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tp6uG4 ... sp=sharing
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Glad that it is working as designed.

As for changing the design, that's not going to be possible at this time, the development for SRU has ended, the game is more than 5 years old now. While the economy has a number challenging issues, and undoubtedly has imperfections created from modelling such complex systems in a video game, we see lots of players who are managing it. Sometimes you just cannot build and research at the same time. Sometimes you can do very little while you build up your economy. I've personally logged over 3,000 hours in the game, I've never found a region that was unplayable.

I'd suggest give more details about how you've set up your region or share a link for people to download your savegame. There are lots of people in our community that can offer advice on how to deal with any challenge you face in game. On suggestion I would have is to not do big economic analysis in the first 10 to 20 game days of a new game. We have created "starting conditions" that try to match what a region has on the map, but due to updates made since release, some of the starting values are high/lower than what the game systems calculate as the true economic situation. The first few days of playing as a region, the engine is recalculating constantly to match what the real situation is on the map. It's very possible that the changes in values will be less drastic once you've gotten to Feb 1st in the game you shared in the video.

We will take your comments into consideration for development of future SR games. Thanks for the feedback.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Just to add to the above, Battlegoat has a discord server with many active players if you need advice.

https://discord.gg/dkNMgb (or search Battlegoat)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “Issues and Support”