game freezes after 1-5 seconds

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

game freezes after 1-5 seconds

Post by Kristijonas »

In SRU latest version when I launch the game (tried both multiplayer and sandbox), the game freezes 1-5 seconds in the game. Tried all in-game graphical settings to little effect. ;/
The PC is very simple, I would say generic: i3 processor with intel HD 620, Windows 10.
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: game freezes after 1-5 seconds

Post by Rosalis »

- Screen Lock up when starting game from the menu - Intel GPUs (ie Intel HD Graphics 620, etc)
There is an issue with the Intel 2018 video drivers. These are still the most current drivers automatically installed by Windows 10, although they are many versions behind the current Intel GPU drivers.
You can find your current driver version by running DXDIAG (type "dxdiag" in the search or run box in Windows), click on the "Display 1" tab, and you can see your driver version.
The Intel driver version should start with at least "25." (currently most recent at this writing is 26.20.100.6861) If your version is older than 25, then this is the problem, and you need to update the driver.

The download page for the latest Intel Video Driver is here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... duct=96551

Select one of the choices under "Available Downloads" - using the .exe is usually the easiest to install.

This is from steam. Strange you only have this issue recently?
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Thank you so much Rosalis! This is not my laptop, so I'm only trying this for the first time on it.
My current version starts from 26, even though I have this problem.
I see the latest is 27 - I will try that now and hopefully it will solve the problem.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

That fixed it :)
In fact, the map scrolling and zooming performance is much better than on my radeon RX470 desktop PC. Which is weird.

For future folk, you may need to follow these steps to install the latest intel graphics drivers unto your laptop: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to ... computers/
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Great :wink:

Return to “Issues and Support”