Ships getting sunk in proxy wars

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Rosalis
Colonel
Human: Yes

Ships getting sunk in proxy wars

Post by Rosalis »

One time in patch 9.2.4 i lost a bunch of ships as Russia when i send them to Syria defending against Israel. Egypt and Greece were outside naval borders and no treaties with Israel shooting down a bunch of ships before i noticed who actually shot. Only option for me was leave the naval border and see Syria getting annexed. After that time to give Russia transit treaties through Turkey was a no brainer.

Another one was at Kalinggrad where i used ships to block the naval port from Poland, ships from Sweden and Norway were attacking outside any naval borders, no treaties with Poland. Again my option was to leave my own naval borders so i wouldnt spend years rebuilding the navy.

I dont have save atm, but i can prolly replicate it, and i rather get this know sooner rather then later.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Ships getting sunk in proxy wars

Post by Balthagor »

I'd really need to see a save on this one, I'm not following your examples.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

https://imgur.com/a/VWSDswj

Ill look for better example when they get shot down. Got this saved atleast.

Edit: got it, ship getting sunk by Egyptian sub which gonna recieve reinforcements to join the party, no wars between regions involved!! in proxy its even nastier cause other regions get curious.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D4EAR1 ... sp=sharing
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Noted.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

And if anyone can give feedback how huge this problem is, that would be appreciated! Or does everyone play 1D vision and only annex their neighbours 1 by 1?

Quite a serious problem in my opinion to release in a final patch. I always kept my mouth shut with every patch on problems with proxy wars, sometimes it increased and sometimes some were fixed. So im pretty sure you guys had full attention for the problem. I always thought for the final patch it will all be fixed. But now navy is useless inside borders.

Now the question is, why are so few people noticing this problem?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Rosalis wrote: Jun 26 2020 And if anyone can give feedback how huge this problem is, that would be appreciated! Or does everyone play 1D vision and only annex their neighbours 1 by 1?

Quite a serious problem in my opinion to release in a final patch. I always kept my mouth shut with every patch on problems with proxy wars, sometimes it increased and sometimes some were fixed. So im pretty sure you guys had full attention for the problem. I always thought for the final patch it will all be fixed. But now navy is useless inside borders.

Now the question is, why are so few people noticing this problem?
In Fairness I don't bother with Navy in proxy wars because you can't use missiles, do amphib landing etc because of the internal rules relating to these and where they technically come from. (i.e. missile fired from your ship is technically in your territory even though the ship itself is in proxy.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Fair enough, noticed its crap, worked with it and didnt noticed it became worse.

Anyone else?

If possible and i will eventually, i want the following things to be tested:

1. Is the issue limited to Russia 2020? Need more examples. Is this a player only issue, or are AI ships also being attacked?
2. list of all other issues (in proxy wars) with ships. Please list them.

So to be clear, i moved ships from Russia to Syria, and they were being attacked by Egypt in Syrian naval borders this instance. No wars between anyone.

I really need help from the community with this, if more people noticing it, chances are it will actually be adressed, atleast for SRNG. This is not an easy problem, and if im the only one noticing it, you can ask yourself if its worth it to fix.

Return to “Issues and Support”