oil demand go crazy

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aleci
Corporal
Human: Yes

oil demand go crazy

Post by Aleci »

I don't know what happened here and I know this can make it difficult, but I believe there to be a bug or some thing relating to oil.
I had kept oil usage to around 24,000,000 used all the time, even killed my population to keep it there. as I took over more area meaning more population.
My population currently sits at around 2,000,000,000, I had kept it around 1,800,000,000 for a long time, but I guess i shoot up after a conquest.
The problem is now that my oil need shoot up to, to around 101,000,000 bbl which is impossible to get, plus a change by five times previous seems like a bug.
My problem also is that the info screen that tells me what uses oil still adds up to around 24,000,000, so I have no clue what the problem seems to bee.
20191210000823_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: oil demand go crazy

Post by Balthagor »

we've been pushing updates fairly often the last 10 days. What version of the game are you on? The version number is shown on the main menu. Version .249 is the most recent.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aleci
Corporal

Post by Aleci »

I am on 9.1.140 so i guess i am a bit behind, well steam should have updated it automatically, that how ever seems not to happen. And even if i force a verify game integrity, it still do not update. So just to be sure but they are live at steam the updates?
This is a problem both on my laptop and my stationary computer thats why i ask if they are live on steam.

even a reinstall of the game keeps it at the aforementioned patch
if i opt into insider early build on steam it seems like i get the 249 patch
it does not fix the savegame ut i guess it might be to late for that savegame
Aleci
Corporal

Post by Aleci »

Okay I fixed it by setting oil domestic prices to above 100% extra cost. So i guess it is some kind of game rule that decides how much they can by, and there is still the problem that i could not see what was using all that oil which makes it hard to know what possible solutions there could be
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the update was not yet public, glad you found the insider build.

We've made some major changes to the economy for this update, we won't be able to troubleshoot version 140 anymore. I strongly suggest starting a fresh game when you switch to version 249 (or whatever the final number ends up being).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

is the hardcoded petroleum-based city power-generation still in ?
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

yes
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”