Surrender ridiculously easy

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

greekdim
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Surrender ridiculously easy

Post by greekdim »

It is been a long time since I played my last game and I was hoping that some annoying issues with the game would eventually been fixed by now. One of them was the without any meaning surrender of a country. Campaign, I play as Russia and I help N Korea in a war with South Korea. S. Korea has MAR 96% practically has lost no territory. N. Korean units are about to capture P’AJU and suddenly… surrender!!!. Please tell me that there is some game option to avoid it or something in the files to modify otherwise the game is useless. The same thing happened between N.Vietnam and Thailand, after N.Vietnam captured a couple of villages, Thailand surrendered. I used to play Sandbox and I was still facing this problem but now is ridiculously worse, could it be related with the campaign mode? Thank you for any eventual help or advice
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Surrender ridiculously easy

Post by Balthagor »

Do you have a savegame from the moment before S. Korea surrendered? With a savegame, we could evaluate the exact conditions the AI judged as "hopeless".

Also, please don't double post.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

You may try following:
new Sandbox game , Game setting (right icon), enable both:
-Limit domestic approval effects
-Limit military approval effects

i play most of the time with these enabled and iam getting used to Capital hunting :lol:
(but then i play quit a lot with mods)
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
greekdim
Warrant Officer

Post by greekdim »

Balthagor wrote: Aug 26 2019 Do you have a savegame from the moment before S. Korea surrendered? With a savegame, we could evaluate the exact conditions the AI judged as "hopeless".

Also, please don't double post.
Yes I have and I will send it to you. After I reloaded 5-6 times the save game I suspect that the problem is the number of units. I sold units periodically to N.Korea and probably initially there were times after each sell where the ratio units N korea/S Korea was big enough to trigger the surrender. Giving them a bit less units at least S.Korea...managed to surrender after they lost Seoul and a couple of other cities. If this is the case then the ratio of the units is unbalanced especially for countries which they don't own many units and are receiving a big number of units from other countries (like S.Korea and S.Vietnam). Sorry for the double post but the fact is...I didn't double post. It is true I posted it by error in the great war section but I first deleted it from there and then I posted the current one. edit: I found out that I had posted about a similar problem three years ago, If you are talking about this post then you are right, sorry.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

H, greekdim,

We received your savegame this morning. I've loaded it up and looked at South Korea. They have exactly 6 land units left besides their garrisons. They are facing about 50 NK units. I watched them hold out for 10 more days before surrendering thanks to the help of US forces in the country. The NK forces were in the hex adjacent to the capital.

All of this sounds to me like reasonable surrender conditions.

Also, because you selected capital for the victory condition, if Seoul fell they would be eliminated anyway so their surrender only accelerated the situation by about 2-3 game days.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”