Screen Freezing Update

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Beans
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Screen Freezing Update

Post by Beans »

Hi, I posted a long time ago about the screen freezing update. Unfortunately I have not found a solution but have tried a lot of things such as updating the drivers (Only through dell because they customize it), searching the web, messing around with the graphics settings, and other things I cannot remember. I will post my specs below but this seems to be a problem with the Intel UHD Graphics 620. However, in my time searching for a solution I have come across interesting tidbits that may be useful for the developers. Here they are:

1. When running compatibility mode in the settings for the file of Supreme Ruler Ultimate I found that running it in Windows XP Service Pack 2 helps to reduce the frequency of the freeze. I noticed that instead of freezing within the first few seconds of gameplay, it takes around 20 seconds to freeze.

2. I bought Supreme Ruler 1936 during this Summer sale to test a theory. I first experienced the screen freezing issue way back when the update for Rails came out. I wondered if that update might be the source of the problem because it was working fine before the update. So, during this steam sale, I bought Supreme Ruler 1936 to test this (and to hopefully play a supreme ruler game for the first time in a year plus) and the result was very interesting. The screen did not freeze in the 36 version and ran perfectly fine. This game does not have the rail update I was talking about.

This information may or may not be useful for and developers and for all I know could be completely useless, but I wanted to share it in hopes of finding a solution to this problem. Thanks again to the developers for continuing to work on this problem and putting time into this great series. I hope to playing Ultimate in the near future, but for now, 36 will suffice. Thanks Again!

My Specs:
8th Gen i5
Intel UHD 620
8 GB RAM
Windows 10
Exact computer model- Dell Inspiron 5579
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Screen Freezing Update

Post by Balthagor »

Have you tried everything listed in this thread?;

https://steamcommunity.com/app/314980/d ... 118360822/
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Beans
Sergeant

Post by Beans »

Yes I have.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

And you've tried the Intel drivers as well as the Dell drivers?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Beans
Sergeant

Post by Beans »

The intel drivers won’t even install on my computer because Dell customizes them.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ah. That's the problem then. I think if you find someone with sufficient computer knowledge, they should be able to force it to take the Intel driver, but I'm not familiar with that.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Beans
Sergeant

Post by Beans »

I don’t think it’s possible to force it to work. Dell customizes the drivers for the computer and if a generic one goes in, I may lose key features.

Return to “Issues and Support”