AI Refuses to Form Alliances With Player and AI

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Radiorobot
Corporal
Human: Yes

AI Refuses to Form Alliances With Player and AI

Post by Radiorobot »

I got the game recently and have been playing the '2020 - Divided States' sandbox scenario for a few hours now and for some reason, the AI will not form any alliances amongst themselves not even within the state spheres. Additionally, both sphere leaders refuse to form any treaties with me at all. Another problem is that even the other AI's that will form other treaties with me will never form an Alliance with me. The ones I expected to accept alliances though will mutual defense without complaint.

Has anyone else had and corrected this issue in the past? I haven't tried any other scenarios yet so I'm not sure if this seeming error is isolated to the Divided States scenario or not.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: AI Refuses to Form Alliances With Player and AI

Post by YoMomma »

Last edited by YoMomma on Jun 30 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Gameplay 1st
Radiorobot
Corporal

Post by Radiorobot »

Initially it defaulted to high volatility but I ended up starting a second save at medium volatility and hard diplomacy difficulty as I’d heard that those settings encouraged more alliances but still no dice. Also the states at least appear to be in two separate spheres with Texas and New York seeming to lead them.

I think I’ll start another save in a different scenario and play for a while to see if the issue carries over.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Radiorobot wrote: Mar 08 2019 ...hard diplomacy difficulty as I’d heard that those settings encouraged more alliances but still no dice.
try easy diplomacy - i remember getting trade offers from those nice? IS guys - as a north american country !
but more important: other countries made also alliances between each other
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “Issues and Support”