Clock freezing in multiplayer.

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

jln115
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Clock freezing in multiplayer.

Post by jln115 »

First time this has happened to me...... So every time I try to host or upload a saved game in multiplayer the clock freezes almost immediately, I can still move around the map and check all the stats but for some reason the clock is just frozen and thus all the units ect are frozen as well.

Will appreciate any advice on how to sort out this issue.

Regards
Jln115
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Clock freezing in multiplayer.

Post by Balthagor »

We would need a lot more data to start looking into this.

What MP map?
How many players?
If you restart, does it happen again?
What do you mean by "upload"?
Does it freeze if someone else hosts?

If you have a way to reproduce this consistently, please provide the steps you follow to do so.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Thats weird, i have had this happen in 9.1.38 a couple of times (just like freeze on alt tab). Basicly i had to ctrl alt delete to fix it. But since 9.1.40 i didnt had both those issues.
Gameplay 1st
jln115
Sergeant

Post by jln115 »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 27 2018 We would need a lot more data to start looking into this.

What MP map?
How many players?
If you restart, does it happen again?
What do you mean by "upload"?
Does it freeze if someone else hosts?

If you have a way to reproduce this consistently, please provide the steps you follow to do so.
- have only tried MP in the 1936 map... Don't know if it does the same in other maps....will see and get back to you
- yes does the same even if I restart
- just 1(me)
- upload was probably the wrong word to use, all I did was copy my sandbox saved game to MP....this is where I thought the issue popped up but even if I host an entirely new MP game(after deleting the saved game files) the clock still freezes doesn't matter which country I play as.
- Don't know since I'm the only player and host
- The clock freezes almost immediately after i un-pause the MP game I just started, as in every single time. The game barely runs for a few seconds before the clock freezes.

Only play MP when I want to play as a different nation but in the same game I originally started... Hence why I copy my saved games to MP and thus start the game as a different nation.

So it not really a major issue and all my single player campaigns and sandbox games are working perfectly.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Maybe insider build plays in effect here? That's the only thing i can think off, since i didnt install any beta patches after 9.1.38 since they are all WW2 and WW1 content.
Gameplay 1st
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

this always happens to me if I try playing multiplayer with no internet connection. Internet working? Time ticks. Internet not working? Time doesn't tick.
jln115
Sergeant

Post by jln115 »

bowtie wrote: Jun 28 2018 this always happens to me if I try playing multiplayer with no internet connection. Internet working? Time ticks. Internet not working? Time doesn't tick.
Unfortunately mine is stuck regardless if im connected or not................another problem is the fact that i can't save the game for some reason, so don't know how im going to send the files to the Devs?
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

is the app blocked by your firewall or something?
jln115
Sergeant

Post by jln115 »

bowtie wrote: Jun 28 2018 is the app blocked by your firewall or something?
Don't know, if it was blocking the app wouldn't it effect the single player games as well?

Update: so checked the firewall and the app is not blocked.... So still stuck with no solution unfortunately.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

jln115 wrote: Jun 28 2018...Don't know, if it was blocking the app wouldn't it effect the single player games as well?
No, it would not. The multiplayer code only gets used when you start multiplayer.

Can anyone else reproduce this? We've got no other reports of something like this.

Same for the "no savegame". Everyone else is managing to save, I'm not convinced there is anything wrong with the program.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
jln115
Sergeant

Post by jln115 »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 28 2018
jln115 wrote: Jun 28 2018...Don't know, if it was blocking the app wouldn't it effect the single player games as well?
No, it would not. The multiplayer code only gets used when you start multiplayer.

Can anyone else reproduce this? We've got no other reports of something like this.

Same for the "no savegame". Everyone else is managing to save, I'm not convinced there is anything wrong with the program.
-Checked the firewall and its not blocking the app.

- Well if I had the same problem as everyone else I wouldn't be posting on this issue...I won't say I can't save the game if that's not the truth. Also I never said it was the program that was at fault, the reason I posted was to find suggestions from others that might of had the same issue..... Also if it helps, this issue only happens on my laptop and not on my desktop.

Maybe I should post a video, then you might have a better understanding?
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

He's not accusing you of being a liar, I promise. He's basically stating that he doesn't think it's currently SR that's the culprit here as no one else seems to be experiencing the same issue. Now, that's not necessarily true, and he's not saying that it's definitively the case. Just what he's thinking with the information currently available to him, and that's why he's double checking to see if anyone else can replicate this issue so he can get more information. Obviously they want to help, but they need information to be able to do it. With the huge number of system configurations out there, sometimes it can be very difficult to narrow down these kinds of problems. I can guarantee you that they're looking into it and trying to help. It's just that without more information, it's going to be very difficult if not impossible to do so.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

jln115 - if you let me know your Steam handle, I will try to contact you and perhaps see if I can notice anything odd in a MP game with you.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
jln115
Sergeant

Post by jln115 »

way2co0l wrote: Jun 29 2018 He's not accusing you of being a liar, I promise. He's basically stating that he doesn't think it's currently SR that's the culprit here as no one else seems to be experiencing the same issue. Now, that's not necessarily true, and he's not saying that it's definitively the case. Just what he's thinking with the information currently available to him, and that's why he's double checking to see if anyone else can replicate this issue so he can get more information. Obviously they want to help, but they need information to be able to do it. With the huge number of system configurations out there, sometimes it can be very difficult to narrow down these kinds of problems. I can guarantee you that they're looking into it and trying to help. It's just that without more information, it's going to be very difficult if not impossible to do so.
Unfortunately that's how I interpreted it, and I sincerely apologise to Chris if what you said was the case.

And as I said in my previous post , I have my doubts if its actually the program itself since the game works perfectly on my desktop... The issue of the clock freezing is only happening on my laptop, hence I asked if someone had the same problem, and if they know how to fix it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No worries, hope someone comes up with some ideas. Firewall settings was a good place to start.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”