Rubber expense/value upside down

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

vykree
Corporal
Human: Yes

Rubber expense/value upside down

Post by vykree »

So it costs me 3,538 to manufacture rubber but is only valued at 938 globally. yet if I completely stop production the cost to produce drops to 837-840. Whats up with this?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Rubber expense/value upside down

Post by Balthagor »

When your production is absolute zero, the game cannot determine what your cost will be the produce since it can be produced from either synthetic or natural which have different costs. Set it to produce a very tiny amount if you want to evaluate your cost to produce.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
vykree
Corporal

Post by vykree »

I understand that when you don't produce something, your cost can't/won't be set but I don't understand how synthetic costs so much when rubber trees are no existent yet the world still works off the cost/value of natural rubber.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Let's keep it simple, production vs demand. Theres a SHORTAGE of rubber in longer modern campaigns, yet rubber cost RISE harder then sell price. Now how is this?
Gameplay 1st
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

and maybe the market price shows the production costs or rather sell price of the current cost leader - the region that can produce the goods for lowest costs.

Synthetic production costs in vanilla game much more than a comparable "natural" extraction (ie. mines, farms) thats how the vanilla game is set up:

check the output and the maintenance costs of the 2 different methods - this alone is bad enough - on top of that synthetic production needs input ressources which also costs money.
(and then i killed rubber out of the game in my mods)
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Nothing left to say. Besides BUMP :D

Return to “Issues and Support”